Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen - Bright light emitting from nowhere?

DM Steve
Pro
Marketplace Creator
<a href="https://imgur.com/a/LQpWlMx" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/LQpWlMx</a> I have created a brand new game using the Dragonlance module to replicate this - On the "Raided Catacombs" map, there is an area where bright light is being emitted from nothing in several parts of the map. I have deleted all dynamic lighting lines, the map itself and all tokens from the Lighting layer, GM layer, token layer and map layer - and still this light persists. There is absolutely nothing on the map and still this bright light, all around the dungeon, persists. In the screenshot I took, it shows the token only has normal vision and the map is not set to daylight mode. I have no idea where this light comes from at all and I believe it to be a bug!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There's absolutely a problem there. I'll make a report on this. As far as I can tell, there are a large number of "phantom" tokens that are set to emit light. I don't think I have ever seen this issue before, but yeah, if you deleted everting on all layers and put a visioned token down, you can plainly see the light of a large number of overlapping light emitters.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Done some more research, and had some input from the Aaron. It appears that those phantom tokens are the original light sources from the module. i.e., they are light sources that are supposed to be there according to the lighting description from the adventure. For whatever reason, the images have disappeared, making them invisible and unelectable. So good news: the lighting is at least correct. You can play the scenario as written. Bad news: if you want to edit the light level for the specific needs of your game, it's currently impossible, or at least difficult and time-consuming.
DM Steve
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ah I see - yeah, my workaround for that was to copy the dungeon image over to a new page and just redo all the lighting lol&nbsp;