Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Spell Descriptions reset on Level Up (5e)

Hi All, I've noticed in two separate campaigns with two different characters (using the standard Roll20 5e character sheet) that the spell description field resets back to its originally wording whenever the character levels up. This is super frustrating as I like to customize the spell descriptions with additional flavour and an image... but each time the character levels up, I need to go in and re-update the descriptions. There was a thread about this previously with no solution:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10902372/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10902372/slug%7D</a> . I also tried google, reddit and chatGPT (just for fun) and none had answers. Is there any way to prevent that field from being reset? I'm guessing this is a bug because there is no reason to do that at level-up.&nbsp; Thanks in advance!&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Street Samurai! Changing the name of the spell should do it. I often color-code mine with emojis, to help me tell key things at a glance. Test on a copy of a character, of course.
Hi Keith! Thanks for the reply. I did indeed try this on one of my characters and unfortunately it did not protect the spell from having its description reset after using the charactermancer to move up a level.
Ok, so maybe this has been fixed recently (or in more recent character sheets?). Just levelled up a newer character after renaming my spells with an icon at the beginning and it did not overwrite the spell descriptions! Thanks for the help with this!