Game: &nbsp;D&amp;D 5e - Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden Group type: &nbsp;Online (Roll20, Discord) Experience: &nbsp;Beginners and experienced players welcome Location/Timezone: &nbsp;Eastern Standard Time Schedule: &nbsp;Friday 10AM to 1:30 PM Roles sought: &nbsp;Player Characters at level 1 Game Style: About the adventure SOME SECRETS ARE WORTH DYING FOR Feel the cold touch of death in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. In Icewind Dale, adventure is a dish best served cold. Beneath the unyielding night sky, you stand before a towering glacier and recite an ancient rhyme, causing a crack to form in the great wall of ice. Beyond this yawning fissure, the Caves of Hunger await. And past this icy dungeon is a secret so old and terrifying that few dare speak of it. The mad wizards of the Arcane Brotherhood long to possess that which the god of winter’s wrath has so coldly preserved—as do you! What fantastic secrets and treasures are entombed in the sunless heart of the glacier, and what will their discovery mean for the denizens of Icewind Dale? Can you save Ten-Towns from the Frostmaiden’s everlasting night? Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden is a tale of dark terror that revisits the forlorn, flickering candlelights of civilization known as Ten-Towns and sheds light on the many bone-chilling locations that surround these frontier settlements. About me I am an old grognard who first learned D&amp;D from the Greyhawk supplement. I played AD&amp;D with a group from school in a basement from 1978 to 1981 just like those kids in Stranger Things. Later I played 2nd ed, and many other TTRPGs, but came back to D&amp;D for 5e. I love the possibilities of the virtual tabletop.I try to bring my old school DM style to the 5e material and people from all ages and all over the world. I also really love teaching people to play 5e D&amp;D and Roll20. I have run over 500 sessions as a professional Dungeon Master and completed 10 long term campaigns (up to level 20!) in the last 3 years with over 250 players. GM style My goal is to provide a full spectrum D&amp;D experience, with equal parts mystery, exploration, combat, and roleplaying. I will provide a spirit of Original D&amp;D while also adhering by the standard ruleset and official 5e sources. I am a world builder and a referee. I build a unique world for your characters to inhabit, but I do use official WOTC source so as to ensure a "standard" D&amp;D environment against which players can pit themselves with the expectation that 5e rules are followed fairly for all. I do try to measure all rulings against the "rule of cool" and "rule of flow" but I will not knowingly rewrite the standard rules. I care about your character's development. I will build a world which amplifies your character's story arc over time. If you wish to build an elaborate backstory, I will take cues from that to incorporate into our campaign. But it is just fine to begin with no backstory, and allow the gameplay to reveal details that you may not have even considered before. After the stodgy Cleric makes an amazing Acrobatics skill check, he turns to the party and says, "Ahem, yes, didn't I mention? I performed in a circus for a time in my youth." Ultimately we are working together to build a narrative that could not have existed without the player and DM reciprocating in the creative contributions. So don't hesitate to message me about your hopes and goals for your character! How to prepare Audio: We will use Discord for audio. Please use a good headset, or else keep your mic muted. You may also use the Roll20 chat to announce actions and so on, if you are more comfortable doing so. If all players consent, then our sessions will be streamed on Twitch (Player audio only.) We are not producing a show for others, rather I stream for documentation and quality control purposes. Also useful for players who miss a session to catch up, and for new players to review my recent past games if they wish. (Search "dmdavidc" on Twitch! ) What I provide I will take care of everything on Roll20 for you. (Dndbeyond also supported.) I will help you create a token for your character. I will provide additional maps, tokens, spell effects, many animated effects and monster tokens, custom encounters and treasure tables and much more! Gameplay details Combat, Mysteries, Tricks and Traps and Dangerous Overland Travel! How will character creation work Starting at level 1, you may use the standard array or point buy system. Roll or take the average for HP. Dndbeyond character sheets may be supported through the Beyond20 add-on for Chrome or Firefox. I have ushered hundreds of players from level 1 to level 20 in long running weekly campaigns.&nbsp;This&nbsp;is your chance to be a founding member of an epic campaign! Payment is $25 per session via Startplaying.games, 3 - 3.5 hours&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/351987/icewind-dale-rime-of-the-frostmaiden-friam" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/351987/icewind-dale-rime-of-the-frostmaiden-friam</a>