Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Player Audio Control

Players should have their own volume control . When I want to play a sound effect or a music track, I ALWAYS have players that can't here it, some that say its too loud, and so. It would be better for players to have control over their own volume so they can set it how they like it. As it stands, the DM has the master volume control which he/she has no idea how it sounds on the players end, ie different computer, tablet, phone, device, etc.. This is upside down. Players should have their own volume control for all audio... just the volume control. Thank you.
Players can control the volume on the setting tab.
I came to the forums today to suggest moving that master music volume control from buried in Settings to the Jukebox tab.&nbsp; Jukebox is a much more intuitive location for volume control.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11281902/put-the-master-music-volume-level-on-the-jukebox-tab" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11281902/put-the-master-music-volume-level-on-the-jukebox-tab</a>
You as a GM have the option to make those songs you play louder or turn the volume down inside the jukebox next to each track (there is a small slider where you can change the volume for everyone). Other than that there is the Master Music Volume Level Slider in the Settings Menu. BUT it does NOT work if you CLICK on it for a certain volume! You need to DRAG IT and drop the slider on the volume level you want to have! (BUG and known by the devs!) Rob57 said: Players should have their own volume control . When I want to play a sound effect or a music track, I ALWAYS have players that can't here it, some that say its too loud, and so. It would be better for players to have control over their own volume so they can set it how they like it. As it stands, the DM has the master volume control which he/she has no idea how it sounds on the players end, ie different computer, tablet, phone, device, etc.. This is upside down. Players should have their own volume control for all audio... just the volume control. Thank you.

Edited 1673996151
Actually, although I think Rob has missed that players do get their own volume bar as Kilter has pointed out... he could be onto something. I think it would be good if the dm had some sort of quick ''mute/enable roll 20 sound'' button he/she could press for selected players (if not a complete volume slider). I use sound effects like doors knocking, footsteps approaching, screams etc... would be good to only have high passive perception characters hear that by one click enabling or disabling the sound from being heard by selected players.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Mark D. said: Actually, although I think Rob has missed that players do get their own volume bar as Kilter has pointed out... he could be onto something. I think it would be good if the dm had some sort of quick ''mute/enable roll 20 sound'' button he/she could press for selected players (if not a complete volume slider). I use sound effects like doors knocking, footsteps approaching, screams etc... would be good to only have high passive perception characters hear that by one click enabling or disabling the sound from being heard by selected players. Well, I put in a suggestion for individual sound for players... and pages... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11246009/page-and-player-specific-audio" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11246009/page-and-player-specific-audio</a>
Gold
Forum Champion
amp up the jukebox in all the ways music, sound, effects, soundtrack, accessibility, fades, volume goes to 11
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .