Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

marketplace creator US only?

I can´t find any proper _current_ information on this anywhere, just hints. Is it required to be a US citizen or be "eligible to work in the U.S. (whatever that means)" to become a content creator? So, someone living in the EU cannot apply to sell stuff on the marketplace? * I´d be happy to receive guidance here. Many thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The are plentry of non-US citizens who are marketplace contributors. I.m not in a place for a longer answer, but hopefully one such contributor will chime in here.
keithcurtis said: The are plentry of non-US citizens who are marketplace contributors. I.m not in a place for a longer answer, but hopefully one such contributor will chime in here. Thank you. I was just very confused by the wording on roll20's homepage. I hope others will come forward with their experiences.
Hi Vince M., Which page is that specifically (could you give me the URL)? I can double check it to see if it needs updating. Thanks!
Bianca said: Hi Vince M., Which page is that specifically (could you give me the URL)? I can double check it to see if it needs updating. Thanks! Hi Bianca, many thanks (and sorry for the late reply). Maybe I misunderstand the sentence but it is on this page: <a href="https://roll20partners.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/10844424110999-Who-Can-Sell-on-the-Roll20-Marketplace-" rel="nofollow">https://roll20partners.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/10844424110999-Who-Can-Sell-on-the-Roll20-Marketplace-</a>
The real question is how Roll20 pays, as it makes a difference for US tax forms for foreign residents. Are the payments royalties?
Xenobunny
Marketplace Creator
Canadian creator here. I think I've answered this before but the quick is yep, they pay foreign creators via paypal. Before I got my creator status roll20 emailed a link to sign a merchant agreement and a w8ben tax form. I dunno if all foreign countries get a w8ben but it basically says you do not pay US taxes on your earnings from X date to Y date. When it expires they simply renew the form. I've since done my Canadian taxes for a few years now and there isn't anything extra or special I've had to do. If you email Roll20 and apply for creator status the human on the other end will probably arrange the necessary forms. It does take longer though (I think mine took a month or more) and you need to send documents back and forth a few times with the precise formatting roll20 will request. It should still be just an online signing if the process hasn't changed.
Amazing, thank you for the info! Xenobunny said: Canadian creator here. I think I've answered this before but the quick is yep, they pay foreign creators via paypal. Before I got my creator status roll20 emailed a link to sign a merchant agreement and a w8ben tax form. I dunno if all foreign countries get a w8ben but it basically says you do not pay US taxes on your earnings from X date to Y date. When it expires they simply renew the form. I've since done my Canadian taxes for a few years now and there isn't anything extra or special I've had to do. If you email Roll20 and apply for creator status the human on the other end will probably arrange the necessary forms. It does take longer though (I think mine took a month or more) and you need to send documents back and forth a few times with the precise formatting roll20 will request. It should still be just an online signing if the process hasn't changed.