Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My posts disappear; was invited to a game, didn't work.

Gold
Forum Champion
Hi. This site seems broken. I posted messages on a couple different games asking the DM if I could join.  When I go back the next day, my message is disappeared.  When I look in my user profile, there is nothing under Topics or Replies. It looks like I have never posted here but I have. Also on email I receive an Invitation to Join a game on here.  I click the link to accept invite, Roll20 page loads with just the message "Unauthorized" at the top.  Then I see a small "1" in pink, drop-down menu near my name at top right. I click it nothing happens. I reload the page, now it says "0" instead of "1". So I feel like I have missed a message, and been unsuccessful in accepting the invite to join a game. How do I join and play? Where are the messages I posted yesterday? Also when I go through the Search engine of this site, I find maybe 3 to 10 games per day, for the 7 days of the week. This makes it appear this site has maybe 20 games going. Yet I read a message from an Admin of this site saying there are 300 games. How do you find 300 games on here?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, I will try to go through the list. :) Posting in Looking for Group will not show up in Topics or Replies as they are not part of the Forums. Neither will your campaign posts show up in Topics or Replies.  What game are you trying to join?  Which search engine are you looking at? The community forum engine or the looking for group engine? What are the search engine criteria you are using? Regarding the number of games, only games people advertise are shown. There are many games that are not shown because people are not advertising them. I have two games a week on Roll20 and you will never see them because we are not looking for new players. However, at this time there are currently 336 entries in the Looking for Game listings. - Gauss
Gold
Forum Champion
Ok, thanks for the helpful reply Gauss. Tried to join:  A Kingdom in Ruin   and this is the one that did not work for me. I received email with link to Accept to join.  But when I click the link from the email, the Roll20 page only said "Unauthorized". Also when I return to A Kingdom Of Ruin page on here, my post asking the DM from yesterday is disappeared; also I saw another person posted there but it is also disappeared.  Maybe the DM deletes them? I am unsure whether the DM is inviting us to join, or saying no by deleting the message (?) or if it deleted automatically, or a bug (?). Good news is, I got invited to join another game (link sent to me, not the automated email), and it worked. So I am "in" and am able to see how Roll20 works on this, Ghost Tower of Inverness Search engine I used is "Looking For Group" search.  Criteria I used was: no keywords; games available on the Day: SUNDAY.  Then repeated the same for each day of the week.  I tried with various keywords (Forgotten Realms, Realms, D&D, AD&D, OSRIC, Labyrinth, 1E, 2E, etc) but that was not helping as it seemed to narrow rather than expand the number of results.  For example I find 9 games on Sunday, however, majority are not THIS Sunday but some future week, and only 1 is a variation of old-school D&D (the one that says the system is Swords & Wizardry).  So it appears that if anyone is playing D&D on here today, it must be an unlisted/private game. Thank you for the website. I understand most people are not looking for players, and thus not in the listings. That is disappointing when you are looking for a group, but I will check back in a few weeks and maybe some new games will arise on the listings.
Gauss
Forum Champion
My guess regarding the join link: If the GM accepted someone and then kicked them out the join link is changed and previous links will be denied (unauthorized). What I think is happening regarding the missing messages: If the GM removed the game from the LFG listings and then later adds to to the LFG listing that listing will start off from scratch with no posts. Note: this is being looked at by the Devs.  The search engine is working correctly. The LFG section does not list all current games on Roll20. It lists only those games GMs want  to list. By adding criteria you are narrowing the focus from the entire list (336 games as of my earlier post) to those games matching your criteria.  I am glad you got invited to another game. :) - Gauss