Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Online] [5e] (LFDM) (LFP) (SAST evenings) Allow me prospective DM's and players to cajole you into joining my new "shiny" group.

Edited 1673977912
Listen I get it, some random stranger has the nerve to try and create a D&D group without even being a DM himself, the audacity! But hear me out. I've been playing D&D now for about 4 years and it's a true passion of mine, no seriously I've written blog posts on how much these adventures mean to me. But due to circumstances outside of my control I've been forced to move a number of times and have been privy to far too many campaigns that have fallen by the wayside because players and DM's can't commit. So here I stand taking, well a STAND! I want to create a group of adventurers/murder hobos/ I guess "friends"? with a new DM who can commit weekly to a campaign for the long term. And I say this coming from South Africa which for those of you who have never interacted with us should know we have no electricity for pretty much half of our day and I will still make it work! So first and foremost I would like to find a DM seasoned or new who is passionate about D&D and enjoys and rewards creativity from the players but also isn't afraid to TPK a party because they thought killing a dragon at lvl 3 would be and I quote from a campaign I was in and might have been the one saying it, I don't recall, "A good idea." I figure we can play here on roll 20 with discord audio and decide if we want video later. Why pick my shiny new group prospective DM's? Well, that's easy, I put a lot of effort into making sure things run smoothly. If the players don't know how to create a character or someone needs to confirm if everyone can attend the weekly campaign I'm your guy. Basically, I will do everything in my power to make sure the campaign runs smoothly with always enough players even if someone has an emergency and can't make it.  As for Players, I would preferably like a mix of people both girls and guys, I've found the dynamic of both the story and the table atmosphere changes with a good mix. I think 4-5 players is enough for this shiny new group anymore and it tends to get out of hand with the players usually talking over the DM or everyone doing their own thing... So if you read this and you're thinking this seems like a good time, that's great! But really we need a DM first so curb that enthusiasm.  To end off I hope this post gains some traction and I can find a group of people who are respectful but witty, aren't afraid to take risks and commit to their characters even if you sound silly or have never played the opposite sex. Basically, all I'm trying to achieve here is to find a group of people who are looking to meet a few new people who are open-minded and most importantly are down to TPK ... Commit to a campaign for the long term every week, at a certain time for a... and I can't stress this enough longgggggggggg time.    If this post tickled your D&D itch feel free to let me know if you'd be interested and either comment below or add me on discord to chat. Drosvia#0408 Looking forward to hearing from prospective DM's and to end off I leave this here quote, "DO IT, AHH COME ON, JUST DO IT." Ben Stiller Starsky and Hutch. 
Hello! my name is Arthur and would love to participate in this! although not as a DM (PUT THE PITCHFORKS DOWN) i do agree that the look for the DM most be swift and strong! so i will keep and eye on this project, my discord is Voidcube#1702
Arthur said: Hello! my name is Arthur and would love to participate in this! although not as a DM (PUT THE PITCHFORKS DOWN) i do agree that the look for the DM most be swift and strong! so i will keep and eye on this project, my discord is Voidcube#1702 Hi, Arthur! Thanks for showing interest I will update this post if anything changes! Let the search continue! 
Hotspur said: Hi Ventus, Check out the game I just posted.&nbsp; We are looking for 2-3 players.&nbsp; Let me know if it appeals to you. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11281330/looking-for-2-3-players-for-text-based-game-forums-and-weekly-chat-sessions/?pageforid=11281330#post-11281330" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11281330/looking-for-2-3-players-for-text-based-game-forums-and-weekly-chat-sessions/?pageforid=11281330#post-11281330</a> Hi, Hotspur! I really appreciate your offer, but I'm definitely looking for the more social interaction in a game as part of the experience. I hope you find your players soon though!&nbsp;
Bump
Bump
Hello Ventus. South Africa is 7 hours ahead of me, what day and SAST were you thinking about? I really liked your introduction. RussK
RussK said: Hello Ventus. South Africa is 7 hours ahead of me, what day and SAST were you thinking about? I really liked your introduction. RussK Hi RussK! Pretty much any day during the week except Thursdays, preferably either my morning or evening what timezone are you it's flexible? Also are you a player or DM :)?&nbsp;
Hi im a pretty new dm and ive been searching for a game to dm for a while! if you dont already have a dm id love to join. i have played for 6 months now so im still a bit new but im very passionate about it!