Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5E] Looking for a player for an on-going Mythologies inspired game about hunting down cultists (Online)

Hello! I am looking for one or two players for my campaign based on the mythologies of the countries (For the current campaign - Greek). A few months ago I made a post on Rol20 about looking for players for my game, but most of them unfortunately left the campaign/did not want to delve into lore/gave strange reasons for their departure/were reckless and rude. Therefore, I have little hope for the success of this post here, but I will try nevertheless. Here goes nothing i guess.. ✨ The Premise/World ✨ "Welcome to Zema, a world filled with countries inspired by different myths and legends of different cultures. The main location of this game is the continent of Rodzen, country of Estia, inspired by Greek and Rome mythology. A couple of years ago, a devastating war between the people of Gorostan broke down. It left thousands without a home, family or loved ones. But recently the conflict has been settled, but still, many saw the horrors of war, the damaged and the desperate people started to lose faith in the gods of this world, turning towards evil powers, that promised the return of lost prosperity. Join this adventure, to help save the faith and stop the rise of devastation!" For the most part, the problem was that people created characters that were not too suitable for the setting and the main task (Catching cultists and studying the flora and fauna of Greek legends, as well as ancient religions). So here, I am looking for a players who can: a) Respect the worldbuilding and follow the established canons/rules (For example, if there is no, say, Loxodons in the races that exist, obviously you cannot play a Loxodon. Or for example, if the lore establishes that Orcs are silent artisans, instead of bloodthirsty barbarians, this obviously applies to your character as well) b) Create unique characters with interesting problems and motivations (I don't mean that you should immediately show me a premade character with a backstory of 30 pages in Word. Your start concept will be enough. For example: "I's a Fallen Aasimar, a paladin who has broken his oath" Or: "This is a Tiefling who succumbed to the influence of the Lord of Chaos associated with knowledge, and therefore seeks more knowledge and power in his quests") c) Be a decent person (I think it's pretty self explanatory) Additional Info: 1. We play on Saturdays (16:30 MSK time, 8:30 UTC−5 EST), but that might be prone to changing. 2. There are currently 3 PCs in the party (A Dragonborn Paladin, A Faun (Homebrew race) Cleric, and a Satyr Fighter), we lost our mage so if you'd decide to make a magically-gifted character, that would be much appreciated. 3. We use a Discord server to communicate and we play on Roll20 I hope if there's anyone who's interested, I will await your reply in the comments below! And thank you very much!
Oh, I do love Greek mythology and am desperate to play to regain some wind in my sails. I have been sitting on a concept of human bard of lore or eloquence that is really more resembling of witchy/doomsayer archetype for ages. Would love to hear back froom you if you'll have me. VerminaeSupremacy#1013
I am interested in your game! While I am not the biggest knowledgeable person on Greek lore and history, I have did some following of it and what you present so far sounds pretty nice. I have many characters I could use, one of who is my current namesake here as a Mage. I will PM you my Discord after I make this post so we can speak if you are interested. If not, I wish you the greatest of luck in finding players! It does suck when someone leaves like it seems those players did, had it happen before to me so I feel your pain. 
Discord: WhitlockJason#4703 Been playing for past 4-5 years. Been a dm for last year and half roughly. Looking to find a long-term campaign. I played a little of everything, and love helping new players learn.

Edited 1674241754
I love mythology, any actually , I'm a usual dm for 5 to 6 years and I'm still learning stuff, I would like to play a long lasting campaign, I can do fine on English and study things you ask me too. I'll fill in any role you want but my characters are usually not the smartest since I don't have a good time of experience as a player. I do feel your pain of working to flesh out a world and people just not making a compromise so I'll do my best :D I'm hiro and my discord is riho from hr#8681
I'm not sure if you found players yet but I would love to play. I am obsessed with greek mythology and think a campaign based around it is amazing. I'm fairly new to D&D as I've only played a couple of sessions.  I'm happy to create a character that fits into the world and the other players characters.  My name's Tegan, I'm 22 and I'm happy with the time you have listed. My discord is Tegan#6982 if you have any questions.
This premise seems interesting. I'd like to learn more about it and see what it has to offer. I have some ideas on potential character builds, and playing a magic-oriented character is something I've gained a greater appreciation for in recent months, so I'd happily put one together for this campaign if I make it in.
The game sounds like its got a great premise! Not sure if you're still looking for people but if you are I would love to throw my hat in the ring. I would love to hear more info on the setting.  Vorgacka#3544 is my discord, Thanks in advance!
I would love to play in this game if you're still looking. I do love greek mythology. My discord is Simon the czech#7772