Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"The Aaron's" Recursive Table API doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Hi, a little over a year ago I was playing through Roll20 and had made this nifty random encounter generator using The Aaron's wonderful API for recursive tables.  It involved having the script installed and then calling it with !rt in the chat or macro.  However I had to take about a year long hiatus, and now that I'm back, I noticed that the script doesn't seem to work anymore.  Has something with the base program changed that broke the script?  Is there another version? Or do I need to update this one?
You'll have to provide a bit more information.  I use RecursiveTables often, so the script should still be functioning.  You may need to update it (if you didn't install it through the One-Click library, in which case it'll be automatically updated). Lots of questions: 1. Could you post the full macro that you are using (cut and paste it here) 2. A screenshot of the table you are trying to call 3. A screenshot of the output are you are getting 4. Are you running any other scripts? 5. Are other scripts functioning?   6. Which version of the script are you running?   7. Also confirm that the Mod (API) sandbox is running and hasn't thrown any errors.  It's a good idea to open the Mod sandbox page in a separate window while you're playing so you can see if any errors have popped up that crashed the sandbox. 
Thanks Jarren!  It just needed to be updated.  Initially, I did not install it through the One-Click library, so when I deleted the old script I had and added this one, my tables started working again.  All is well.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Glad to hear you got it working!
And I'm glad that you are alive and well!  The world is better with you in it, my good sir.  I aspire to one day have the programming chops that you have.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Woot, thank you very much!  If you want to talk about programming, feel free to reach out. =D