Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer Not Showing Ability Score Increase for Feats That Provide One

Edited 1674233032
I'm fairly certain this was not a problem before, but I was playing around with some character concepts and found that feats which allow you to boost one of your ability scores no longer allow you to do so. Below is are screenshots of the Athlete feat which offers a choice of STR or DEX, but the same thing occurs on the Durable feat which doesn't offer a choice and instead just gives you a +1 to CON. In both cases, no ability score bonus is received if you choose to gain a Feat rather than using the default Ability Score increase that the Charactermancer offers. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've been running Roll20 on chrome for years, but since I GM for my group, I usually don't have cause to notice this type of thing.
Gauss
Forum Champion
The forums are primarily for users helping users, I suggest posting a bug report on this to the Help Center . With that said, you can change your ability score manually after you are done with the charactermancer. 
Sorry, I thought this was the right place to post this. Thanks for that pro tip, I'll check it out. With that said, I would argue that a better work around would be to choose the Ability Score selection first and then drag the Feat over from the Compendium after you finish your level up. For abilities like CON (in D&D 5e) the charactermancer will perform the required HP calculations when the CON ability is changed. In the example above, this would add an additional 4 points to the character's max hp. Making this change after to the character sheet won't automatically run these calculations and HP_max would stay at 56 rather than going up to 60.
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can change the HP maximums manually too.  TBH, the charactermancer has enough flaws that I don't rely on it. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A lot of the feats do not mechanically alter the sheet. I'm not sure how far that project has gone. Either use Gauss' advice above, or go ahead and add the feat, but check what has not been done and modify manually after updating.
Thanks for the shared insight. Knowing that the problem exists at all and identifying solutions enables me to assist my players when they are using the charactermancer for their level-ups. At least for the time being, I'll advise them about this feat issue and ask them to let me know if they also see this issue so I can help make sure nothing is missed in the leveling calculations.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The basic issue is that although D&D5e gets the lion's share of development, Roll20 is ultimately system agnostic. A character generator written for such a VTT will never be as robust as one written by a company who has that single system as its task. The Charactermancer is good, but not perfect, and should always be monitored by users.
Agreed. It is much easier to focus on a single task rather than to divide and conquer.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Or: "It's really, really hard to make a Pathfinder character on DnDBeyond". :D