Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character HP keeps changing!!!

Every. Single. Session. I have had some of my characters HP get switched out for monster HP or sidekick HP when we are switching between characters. It is so bad we have to sit there and write down our HP on the side. I am paying for a membership; and yet I find bug reports for this exact same issue from SIX MONTHS AGO. This needs to be fixed, because if this continues to be an issue, I am going to drop my subscription. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Assuming this is the bug I think it is, where you drop a token on the table and it has 'old' hitpoints from a previous level the workaround I have been using is this:  1) Set the token for the current, correct hitpoints.  2) Update the token to the character so that it is the new token. 
Gauss said: Assuming this is the bug I think it is, where you drop a token on the table and it has 'old' hitpoints from a previous level the workaround I have been using is this:  1) Set the token for the current, correct hitpoints.  2) Update the token to the character so that it is the new token.  No, that's not the one I'm talking about (though I've had that happen too). So I have had multiple occasions where I am switching back and forth from one character sheet to another, and the HP of the CS I pull up will have the HP of the monster or whatever I was just on. It is extremely frustrating to deal with and has been happening on a daily basis.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Which character sheet is this occurring on? If you don't know the name of the sheet a screenshot would help identify it.
I'm not following. It's happening on just random PC sheets. When switching from a monster CS to a player CS and back, I've had the issue several times. Now the last couple days it hasn't happened to maybe it resolved itself? But usually it occurs when going from say, a dragon's monster sheet to pulling up a players character sheet. I can't get it to do it when I want, it seems completely random if and when it happens. Like I mentioned above, last couple days it hasn't happened at all so I haven't been able to get a screenshot.  But what will happen is the HP value of the player CS will become that of the monsters, which can be rather problematic when the player doesn't have their HP written down and now have to try and remember what their HP actually was. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Shawn W. said: I'm not following. It's happening on just random PC sheets. Pathfinder 1E, Pathfinder 2E, D&D 5E, something else?  Gauss is wanting to know which character sheet you are using.
Gauss
Forum Champion
What Kraynic said, there are multiple game systems, and many game systems have multiple character sheets. As a result I need to know the specific name of the character sheet or a screenshot so I can match it up with the character sheet being used. 
OHH my bad. I'm just using the basic character sheet for 5e, the one called specifically "DnD 5e by Roll20." It hasn't been happening for a bit now, so it may well be that whatever it was resolved itself or just hasn't chosen to rear it's ugly head in awhile. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, thanks. If it happens again please let us know. 
I had something similar happen last Saturday.  When I "mathed in" hit point adjustments on one of my characters (entering +nn after clicking on the bubble), the bubble updated, the HP on the linked character sheet updated, but the health bar did not update until moving to a new map (with a new instance of the token on it).