Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A GM command that sets the view of the VTT for all players the same as the GM

Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I know there is already shift+ping that pans the view of all players to the same place, but the GM has no idea of the result as far as the level of zoom, and what the players actually see. It would be very interesting to have a button that allows the GM to do 2 things: 1- Send a command to all players so that their VTT pans and zooms to bring the exact same view the GM currently has 2- Same as 1, but lock the view so that it follows the view of the GM. This can be particularly useful when playing hybrid, with players IRL, but the GM having a secondary computer (or a satellite screen connected to a second session), to show the map, and handouts.
Gold
Forum Champion
big fan of Shift-Ping and also Shift-Z for graphics any more Powers to the GM like this, for controlling Visualization let's see it go yes!
Taking away player power to control their movement is usually a huge  no-no in game design, so I would be wary of using such a feature. Additionally, it is often necessary to have zoom level personalized because different players have different types of monitors at different resolutions, a zoom level that works for you might be unusable for a player with a different viewport. I do use Roll20 to play offline so I can use my wonderful library of dynamically lit maps.. Usually I cast a tab with a player view onto a television. I manually switch between my GM tab and my Player tab in order to move each. I don't know how useful it would be to sync the two though. As GM, I am flitting around the screen prepping monsters and whatnot, forcing the player view to follow that flitting would not help at all.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Interesting, Then it is also a question of setup... I sometimes play also with a double monitor, but the player session is on a monitor that is on the other side of my GM screen, so I can't see it... Hence the idea of being able (even temporarly) to set it how you want
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .