Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Content Conversion Contractor

Hello, I applied for content conversion contractor position at the beginning of the month and I wanted to check in on the process, specifically to see they had already begun interviewing and/or hiring? I'd love to hear from anyone with info related to this. Best, JDB
Eve
Roll20 Team
Thanks for your interest and having sent in an application. At this time we've finished the interview process but we expect to have a need for additional contractors in the future. I'd encourage you to apply again at that time.
If they're hiring content people, does this mean we'll start to see more Pathfinder 2e stuff again? We're behind by two APs and one Lost Omens book, at least.
Eve said: Thanks for your interest and having sent in an application. At this time we've finished the interview process but we expect to have a need for additional contractors in the future. I'd encourage you to apply again at that time. Hopefully with the OGL and 5.1SRD, hiring happens sooner rather than later. Ty for the info.
Katie C. said: If they're hiring content people, does this mean we'll start to see more Pathfinder 2e stuff again? We're behind by two APs and one Lost Omens book, at least. The position mentioned that they preferred people with rules familiarity among multiple ttrpg, so I assume they intend to convert other games like PF2e in addition to content from the DMs Guild.
The Content Converter position search seems to have been restarted a few times now, and I believe is supposed to be more development than anything as it's tied to DMsGuild - that's why it's system agnostic.  I know of multiple enterprise-level developers that have done their own full conversions of entire compendiums on Roll20 that haven't been contacted.  Most of the advertisements for hiring are for the Marketing positions anyway though. 
I suspect there is a difference in compensation based doing the conversion your self vs letting Roll20 handle it with contractors.  I also expect that not everyone will have the will, want or know how to convert their DMs guild content to Roll20 - regardless of the rules system they publish under.  The Foegetter said: The Content Converter position search seems to have been restarted a few times now, and I believe is supposed to be more development than anything as it's tied to DMsGuild - that's why it's system agnostic.  I know of multiple enterprise-level developers that have done their own full conversions of entire compendiums on Roll20 that haven't been contacted.  Most of the advertisements for hiring are for the Marketing positions anyway though. 
You misunderstand what I mean. I am not commenting on whether or not publishers are doing the conversions themselves, I am making a statement on Roll20's hiring process.  I find it crazy that the people that have done some of the biggest conversions on Roll20 aren't even being sent confirmation letters for their applications. I'm talking people that have worked 6-figure positions for Google and Facebook aren't even being sent denial letters.
Hey folks, since the original question has been addressed I am going to go ahead and close this thread.