Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sorting Status markers

I made my own status marker set, from a variety of sources, and add new ones when I find one that is "better". From what I see it looks like they are sorted with newest at the end of the list, is there a way to change sorting to alphabetical? When players update their token's during a game they usually pick whatever and say its "X" which is faster, for them, but not for the GM to remember, as they use my status markers in the game they run.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
To my knowledge, there isn't.  When I update my custom set, I upload it in alphabetical order as a new set.  After that, I remove the previous custom set from games, add the new one, and then delete the old one from the marker library.
Kraynic said: To my knowledge, there isn't.  When I update my custom set, I upload it in alphabetical order as a new set.  After that, I remove the previous custom set from games, add the new one, and then delete the old one from the marker library. Agreed. I do the same thing.  I have three sets of custom status markers (Neutral, Helpful, and Harmful) that are each ordered alphabetically.  I have them saved in their own folders on my computer, so whenever I need to add a new one, I just put it into that folder, then in my Token Marker Library I delete the current set, and create a new one with the same name, and simply drag and drop that folder of images into the upload.  It automatically sorts them (when they're all uploaded at the same time) alphabetically.  If I were to add a single image later, then it would simply be added to the end of the list.  One other helpful trick is to have the image names be what you want them to be called in Roll20, so that you don't have to change their names when they are uploaded.    Then in my game, I want the order to be 1. Neutral, 2. Helpful, 3. Harmful, so I have to load them into the game in reverse order: 3. Harmful, 2. Helpful, then 1. Neutral. Then in game, they look like this (using the Stylus extension to change their layout & appearance): Now that I've got my system down, it doesn't take me too long to add a new status marker to my games - maybe 1-2 minutes at most.  It takes longer to get the image made, and then update my TokenMod macros. :) 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
That is a pretty neat system.  At the moment, I have a large batch of markers that are in one pack (alphabetical), and then I create other packs from that one for different game systems.  I think the only reason it works well for me is having organized TokenMod chat menus for the markers.  If I find myself without access to the api at some point, I may have to adopt something similar to your setup.
That's super cool Jarren. Any chance of sharing those status markers? :-) Also: how do you use the height / climb / burrow ones ?
Manny L. said: That's super cool Jarren. Any chance of sharing those status markers? :-) Also: how do you use the height / climb / burrow ones ? Sure! I created them at&nbsp; <a href="https://game-icons.net/" rel="nofollow">https://game-icons.net/</a> <a href="https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tf8M58naVFp62YbXulFlpAo-EaA1reea?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tf8M58naVFp62YbXulFlpAo-EaA1reea?usp=sharing</a> The height/climb/burrow ones are use with a modified version of TheAaron's FlyMore script . <a href="https://github.com/kinchj/Roll20API/blob/main/FlyMoreModified" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/kinchj/Roll20API/blob/main/FlyMoreModified</a> It looks like this on a character (here's swimming depth): The TokenMod macro I use is part of a chat menu for all my status markers: !noarchive /w GM &amp;{template:npcaction} {{rname=Status Marker List}} {{name= &amp;#160;[&amp;#91; RESET &amp;#93;](!token-mod --report gm|&amp;#34;Removed all status markers from {name}&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|=dead|-dead #" %{DIV|LinkStyle}color: black; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px;) [&amp;#91; 🟢 &amp;#93;](!token-mod&nbsp; --set statusmarkers|!green #" %{DIV|LinkStyle}color: black; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px;)}} {{description= &amp;#160;[**Status**](#" %{DIV|Green}) [Concentrating](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Concentrating&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Concentrating #" %{DIV|Green}) | [Held Action](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Holding an Action&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Held-Action #" %{DIV|Green}) [Fly 📏](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{GM Macrobar|🧚} #" %{DIV|Green}) | [Climb 📏](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{GM Macrobar|⤴️} #" %{DIV|Green}) | [Swim 📏](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{GM Macrobar|🏊} #" %{DIV|Green}) | [Burrow 📏](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{GM Macrobar|⤵️} #" %{DIV|Green}) &nbsp;&amp;#160;[**Helpful**](#" %{DIV|Blue}) [Blessed](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Blessed&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Blessed #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Burrowing](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Burrowing&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Burrowing #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Climbing](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Climbing&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Climbing #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Enlarged](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Enlarged&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Enlarged #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Flying](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Flying&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Flying #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Hasted](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Hasted&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Hasted #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Heroism](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Heroic&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Heroism #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Hidden](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Hidden&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Hidden #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Inspiration](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Inspired&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Inspiration #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Invisible](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Invisible&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Invisible #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Mirror Image](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|&amp;#63;{How many?|3,MirrorImage:3|2,MirrorImage:2|1,MirrorImage:1|0,-MirrorImage} --report gm|&amp;#34;{name} &amp;#63;{Report: 3, 2, 1, or 0||3,has 3|2, has 2|1,has 1|0,no longer has} Mirror Images&amp;#34; #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Raging](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Raging&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Raging #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Ritual](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}casting as a Ritual&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Ritual #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Sacred Weapon](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}using a Sacred Weapon&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Sacred-Weapon #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Shrunken](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Shrunken&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Shrunken #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Stable](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Stable&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Stable #" %{DIV|Blue}) | [Warded](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Warded&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Warded #" %{DIV|Blue}) &nbsp;&amp;#160;[**Harmful**](#" %{DIV|Red}) [Asleep](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Asleep&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|Prone --set statusmarkers|!Unconscious #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Bane](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Baned&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Bane #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Banished](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Banished&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Banished #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Blind](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Blind&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Blind #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Charmed](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Charmed&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Charmed #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Chill Touch](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}affected by Chill Touch&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!ChillTouch #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Confused](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Confused&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Confused #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Cursed](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Cursed&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Cursed #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Deafened](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Deafened&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Deafened #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Drowning](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Drowning&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Drowning #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Dying](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Dying&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Dying #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Encumbered](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Encumbered&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Encumbered #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Exhaustion](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Exhaustion&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Exhaustion #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Frightened](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Frightened&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Frightened #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Frozen](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Frozen&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Frozen #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Grappled](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Grappled&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Grappled #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Hexed](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Hexed&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Hexed #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Incapacitated](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Incapacitated&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Incapacitated #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Marked](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Marked&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Marked #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Mocking Blade](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}sheathed in Mocking Blade psychic energy&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!MockingBlade #" %{DIV|Red}) | [On-Fire](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}On Fire&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!On-fire #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Paralyzed](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Paralyzed&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Paralyzed #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Petrified](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Petrified&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Petrified #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Poisoned](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Poisoned&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Poisoned #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Prone](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Prone&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Prone #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Restrained](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Restrained&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Restrained #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Silenced](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Silenced&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Silenced #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Slowed](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Slowed&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Slowed #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Stunned](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Stunned&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Stunned #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Suffocating](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Suffocating&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Suffocating #" %{DIV|Red}) | [Unconscious](!token-mod %{DIV|ReportToggle}Unconscious&amp;#34; --set statusmarkers|!Unconscious #" %{DIV|Red})}} And it gives me an output into chat:
Fantastic, thanks Jarren!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
How's the FlyMore script modified?
GiGs said: How's the FlyMore script modified? I'm sure there's a better way to do it, but I basically just copied it three more times to add 'Burrow', 'Climb', and 'Swim' versions of the FlyHeight, and remove the GroundStatus and DownStatus, so each Status Marker is independent of the rest, and use !fly !burrow !climb or !swim to call each marker.
Jarren, your tokenmod macro looks interesting - but do those status marker get recognized by a combat tracker related api? I forgot which one I use, but I gotta use their !command to apply marker, legnth/turn and which direction (add/subtract). Your looks more simplier and formatted neatly
Just TokenMod. I don't use CombatMaster or any other combat tracking script. Which means it's a bit more manual of a process.