Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Disappearing, Slow loading rolls

Hi, I'm having some super weird problems. When i load into a game I can see all the tabs at the top right, if I click into character sheets my sheet is greyed out. When it does finish loading I can get into the sheet but the compendium tab disappears. Also every roll I make whether from char sheet or from roll bar / chat takes sometimes minutes to come through. I've tried disabling all chrome extensions, incognito mode on chrome and firefox, enabling third party cookies, vpn off, vpn on and a different region. I'm out of ideas :( any help appreciated
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Harry! That sounds odd enough to require dev attention; the forum is more community help these days. I would suggest gathering a  Console Log ( Chrome , Firefox ) and using it to file a  Help Center Request .
Wow, I'm having the exact same issue! It's been happening for at least a few days now and it's driving me insane. I'm just glad it's not just me!
Gauss
Forum Champion
A couple questions:  1) The tab is vanishing, or the tab is blank?  2) Which game system and character sheet are you using?
Tab disappears completely, I had a look in the inspect window and the element is there to begin with in a list and just disappears when the char sheet loads Playing a 5e game with the standard char sheet for that. Happens on every 5e game im in.
I've submitted to the help and request link so will see if they come back with anything. I'll update here if they do
Hey folks! Thank you for posting about this - we've got our dev team looking into this issue now! We will update here (and on the support tickets sent in) once we have more info to share.

Edited 1675046751
yeah this issue is happening to one of my players as well 
I'm also experiencing this same issue. I've used different browsers, with and without extensions, vpn on and off, clearing cache/cookies and it's still persisting in different games using different game systems and character sheets.
so... i managed to fix the problem... by replacing my ethernet cable. i tested it just this afternoon, still had the problem. then i just swapped out my ethernet cable, and the problem solved itself. I guess that was the cause the whole time? no idea why though.
The issue appeared to have been fixed for about 48 hours. It is back again. By the time my character journal information loads into the game, the Compendium tab totally vanishes from the menu options on the right side. Not sure what it happening. It is occurring on all browsers with or without any extensions. When it seemed fixed it worked properly with extensions, it has gone back to not working again. 
Hi all! Thank you so much for your patience while we investigated. We believe we have narrowed down the common factor here for the majority of users reporting the following: Dice roll performance Compendiums/Art library/My Audio not appearing or loading Handouts/ character sheets being grayed out If you are using a VPN, the solve for this either requires a complete closing of the VPN (not just diabling it) due to background processes being run by it or ensuring Roll20 urls are allowed within the VPN's threat protection or similar antivirus program. For example, NordVPN's "Threat Protection" is still active even if the VPN component is disabled . If the above does not have an effect on what you are experiencing, please send in a help center request if you haven't already!
This was the solution I was looking for! Thank you! NordVPN has been a real pain in the ass since I got it, interfering with everything! Thanks again!
Was having issues with this and followed the r20 team member's post about disabling vpn and ALL its processes and the site is working properly again.   Thank you. :) now to look into allowing r20 and all its sub pages to not be monitored or effected by this... lol
I have a player who is still having this issue now again after the VPN is fully closed. Hs anyone else continued to have issues?
I hope you're going to fix this, because disabling my security every time I play really isn't a solution. Ives said: Hi all! Thank you so much for your patience while we investigated. We believe we have narrowed down the common factor here for the majority of users reporting the following: Dice roll performance Compendiums/Art library/My Audio not appearing or loading Handouts/ character sheets being grayed out If you are using a VPN, the solve for this either requires a complete closing of the VPN (not just diabling it) due to background processes being run by it or ensuring Roll20 urls are allowed within the VPN's threat protection or similar antivirus program. For example, NordVPN's "Threat Protection" is still active even if the VPN component is disabled . If the above does not have an effect on what you are experiencing, please send in a help center request if you haven't already!