Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token settings not saving?

Today my token settings are not saving consistently as a GM. All I want to do is drag a token to my map, change its name, and give it an aura of 1 white. But when I click save settings, it either reverts, saves some of it, saves none of it, or saves all of it. It's not consistent at all. I've refreshed, cleared cache, updated Chrome, and it's still happening.  Since I have about 30 tokens to update, it's very frustrating.  Is anyone else seeing this behavior? Have you fixed it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi camelotcrusade! Possibility: There is currently a bug where you can open more than one dialog box for a given token simultaneously. This can lead to the wrong data being saved. Reload your game to make sure all dialog boxes are closed, and try editing them one at a time.
Thanks!  I am trying to stick to one box at a time for sure. I'm also noticing it's taking a long time for tokens to appear from my library. Could that be related? Are they not really "there" yet?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It could be any number of things causing a lag in such kind of display. Size of game, connection, browser extension interference, bad communication at some link between you and Amazon Web Services or Roll20 itself, or much more.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
I've had squirrely connection issues with the site for a few days now. Random lag in rolls showing up in chat, several instances of "red bar" no connection to the server messages, occasional token drop issues (no response) though the latter has been rare.

Edited 1675043215
User error -- ugh. I'm embarrassed to say it, but what was happening was I'd type in a name or change the aura size, and I didn't realize it was still a blinking cursor. I had to push "enter" to confirm the change in the dialog, THEN click save settings. With 30 or so tokens to edit, I was trying to be efficient, and didn't notice the extra click until I slowed down.