Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[HELP REQUEST] with roll function, please?

<button class="sheet-d6-dice" type="roll" name="roll_Athletics" value="&{template:custom}  {{title=**Athletics**}} {{TEST ROLL=[[1d6+?{Adding pool|1|2|3|4|5|6}+@{skill_athletics_mod}]]}} {{desc=**Description:** @{character_name} Testing general ability +/- m. + pool}}"></button> 1. How do I get to display this roll action against a difficulty number with a value: name="dif_nr" ? 2. Can I stop the query from sending an error message to the chat due to 5 sec have past ? Grateful for a quick fix.
27 have seen this and no one can help?

Edited 1675268277
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Joakim (Kim) said: 1. How do I get to display this roll action against a difficulty number with a value: name="dif_nr" ? If you mean compare the result to the dif_nr  attribute, then you could simply do it in the roll: {{TEST ROLL=[[{0d0,1d6+?{Adding pool|1|2|3|4|5|6}+@{skill_athletics_mod}}>@{dif_nr}]]}} If you want to show both the roll value and the comparison in the roll output, then I'd recommend using an action button and custom roll parsing instead. Also, note that the name of dif_nr  on the html element needs to be attr_dif_nr  so that Roll20 knows to associate it with the dif_nr  attribute value in the database. 2. Can I stop the query from sending an error message to the chat due to 5 sec have past ? As a roll button, this shouldn't be doing any sort of error related to a timeout. Even if this was an action button using custom roll parsing, it shouldn't run into a timeout error from a roll query presented to the user. So, I'm unsure what's going on here. Can you paste a copy of the error message that it gives you?
Thank you for your replay Scott C. I see if I can make sense of it.
Noop, that was way over my head. :(
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
First, when you are having difficulty with a roll, try creating it as an Ability on the Attributes & Abilities tab. You should not use the character sheet when buttons when trying to figure out how to make a roll work. second, where is the dif_nr difficulty number coming from? How is it set? Third - the big thing people usually overlook: Describe this roll as if you were telling a player at your face-to-face table. Do not refer to Roll20 at all, but explain it the way a rulebook would explain it.