Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][World of Darkness][Dark Ages][18+][CST] A Court of Roses

A Dark Ages: World of Darkness game set&nbsp; in the year of our lord 1490.&nbsp; Become embroiled in the tumultuous politics between the local Kindred (Vampires) and Fae (Changeling) courts in the grand city Vieuxtrice, capitol of the fictional Burgundian fiefdom of Gansción. An Old promise has kept the peace between the Fae and the Kindred for centuries. A promise now broken. Worse yet, none seem to remember what promise was even made... The Kindred wage a dark war as the Anarch revolt draws to a bloody close and Antediluvians are devoured by their childer. The Shattering has rocked the Fae world. Commoner and Sidhe alike are lost in an Autumn world. The Rosace is among the few Freeholds remaining since the advent of the Interregnum, drawing, like a moth to the flame, both the desperate and the depraved. All the while, the Inquisition lays wood for their witch pyres. Explore the rich World of Darkness in the backdrop of Renaissance Europe. That makes me sound like a bargain European tour-guide, but believe me, it's much more than that. The Renaissance was a time of change and wonder. Inundated with ideas both old and new. Rediscovery and Exploration. It was, also, a time of conflict and war. A time of uncertainty. The ideals of Chivalry are dying out, slowly being replaced by conceits of pragmatism. Some cling tightly to the old traditions, unwilling to let them be snuffed out by banal progress. Others run headlong into the future, reveling in the new avenues of academia and culture. Who will you be? Will you be an Autumn Sidhe swashbuckler seeking adventure and glory? A political Ventrue scheming for power and influence? Perhaps a Brujah with a heart of gold, grappling with the contradiction of damnation and redemption? Or something stranger? A Mage of the Order of Hermes lured by the mystery of the aforementioned old promise, for example. Maybe a Fianna werewolf drawn into changeling court politics by the power of an old pact. An Inquisitor sent to the region to root out the dark mysteries and battle against wicked fiends lurking in the dark. Any and all of these character seeds will find fertile soil in Gansción. The land is rife with mystery and intrigue. New promises made and old ones broken. There are things in the dark that bite, and mysteries that tantalize and enlighten. It is up to you which you uncover. In other words: here is a knife and a fork, my friend. Now, go and see what you can cut with them. Details: the exact details of the game are to be determined. I will be free any day except for Wednesdays and Sundays. my timezone is CST, but don't let that concern you overmuch. My schedule is flexible. I'll be allowing nearly any character (within reason) from the lines of Vampire, Werewolf, Changeling, Inquisitor, or Mage. I may also be persuaded to allow others if you have a compelling enough argument or concept. Whether or not this game features a motley crew of plucky young heroes, righting wrongs and saving princesses or a disparate cast of schemers and politicians is up to you. The choice is yours. If interested you can DM me here or add me on Discord. My handle is joshuaaarchibald#0254 The game will take place on Discord. Payment is $25 per person each session. This will be paid for and booked via Startplaying.games.com Here's my GM link: <a href="https://startplaying.games/gm/joshuaaarchibald" rel="nofollow">https://startplaying.games/gm/joshuaaarchibald</a> The listing link: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/14637680/3AbBQg" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/14637680/3AbBQg</a>
Update: we have 1 player interested so far. Can take up to 5 more
Update: we have 3 players now. Can take up to 3 more.
Update: Got 4 players now. I can take 2 more.