Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shrink size of door and window icons

Score + 63
On a map with many doors and windows close together, the icons quickly make a map very cluttered. The ability to shrink the size of these icons would help making these kinds of maps more usable. Example:
I agree a whole heck of a lot. Running House Of Lament. And it gets really crowded with all the large icons
+1

Edited 1679288266
JD
Pro
Heavy overlap with this one too - both have votes from me
I honestly have stopped using the feature altogether due to this issue. They need to be much, much smaller.
Not only this! They need to be movable ONLY on the Dynamic Lighting Layer so that you can not move them accidentaly while in a game...
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The biggest issue seems to me to be that the icons don't scale with grid size. I have no problems with the door icon size on a 1x grid, but they're just awful on a 0.5x grid.
Chris the dm
Pro
Marketplace Creator
100% agree. this is my greatest annoyance with the current doors/windows items. That and that u can’t rotate them with e and scroll u have to manually grab the handlebars. Also agree that I can’t stand the fact that I accidentally pick them up when not interacting with dynamic lighting
Mayhapse something like CTRL + Mouse Click, Drag for movement on the non-dynamic layers? That way there is at least the option that has to be intentionally done.
TheMarkus1204 said: Not only this! They need to be movable ONLY on the Dynamic Lighting Layer so that you can not move them accidentaly while in a game... I have players stuck in doors. Every time they try to select their token the door opens or closes. As a DM I often cannot select a token without moving a door or window. Please fix this.
Yep, I have to agree with what everyone has said here, all good suggestions, the icon size needs to be controllable / scalable so that large and small maps don't get too cluttered and the detail of the battlemap you spent ages making isn't covered by a big clunky icon.  The ability to make them only alterable on the Lighting layer (or maybe "lock position") would also really help during the heat of battle!
It is even worse. Door icon size changes randomly. I have a map with 6 doors and no door icon has the same size as another door icon. It is driving me crazy. And even worse: Previously I was at least able to copy door icons to keep, so once I had one of a size, I just copied it. Not possible anymore. That is driving me even more crazy to the point that I wont be using these features anymore at all. Since this post is months old, I also dont expect this to ever be fixed. Point: I wont be renewing me subscription.
Yes please...
Yes please.  I like to make my maps look nice and then these cunky doors are all over them.  Love the doors/windows but the size/footprint needs a redesign.
Definitely, doors need to be better in design and the ability to alter size is essential - they can in fact end up too tiny to use by the players. Although at least then they don't make the map look so bad!
In our games tokens keep getting stuck under them...
Have the same problem in my game that uses them. Grand DM said: In our games tokens keep getting stuck under them...
Yes, absolutely. Right now, it seems you can only change the size of the door by changing the size of the handles which is not an optimal solution. Munkey said: Definitely, doors need to be better in design and the ability to alter size is essential - they can in fact end up too tiny to use by the players. Although at least then they don't make the map look so bad!
+1
+9001  I'd like to just have them not be visible at all to players until hovered over or something, but I'd settle for resizable, or better yet a door default setting section.
Hover only would be a great fix. Also, when placing them, I have to place the door, then adjust the handles every time. May as well just have them be a two click process in the first place (click once for where the door starts, click again for where it stops). Would save a lot of time and ensure they are snapped to the where I want them.
How have this post been sitting here for 7 months without a reply from a mod?! Yes, the icons for the doors and windows need to be resizable!!
+1 from me as well.
There is this 'bug' (kinda a feature ig), if you move one of the nodes for moving the size of the indow or door over the other, then both the nodes at the end will be smaller and the icon as well. Idk why it happens but it makes things neat. You can also repeat this making it smaller each time... diagram to explain moving nodes (maybe it helps) : (A)-w-(B) -> (B)-w-(A)
+1
I wanted to see if anyone else had already posted the main issue I'm having with the Door/Window tool. Then, read this;  Kathrin M. said: "Door icon size changes randomly. I have a map with 6 doors and no door icon has the same size as another door icon. It is driving me crazy."  Yep! That pretty much says it, though you can add Windows to it, too. I've been using Roll20 for decades (2 accounts, now that I'm a Professional Game Master!), and I've loved a lot of the upgrades and changes that have been made. The inclusion of the Door tool was outstanding! Adding Windows; fantastic! So, I'm not sure why the sizing issue hasn't been addressed yet. Or why no one from Roll20 has addressed this thread, or overall issue, yet. Hmmm...