Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Character Sheet lag

Hey guys, I'm sure this problem is rather common, and I did follow the Solving Technical Issues page at <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> , but to no avail. Using the character sheet, switching between its pages, gives me severe lag. Using the latest Firefox, addons disabled, what have you. Every time I experience lag, the console tells me this, though: { "ERROR parsing formula: undefined" app.js:29 TypeError: formula is undefined Stack trace: d20.models.Character&lt;.autoCalcFormula@<a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/app.js?1408498017:29:20816" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/app.js?1408498017:29:20816</a> d20.models.CharacterView&lt;._updateSheetValues/&lt;@<a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/app.js?1408498017:29:8013" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/app.js?1408498017:29:8013</a> .each@<a href="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js:2:14472" rel="nofollow">https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js:2:14472</a> p.prototype.each@<a href="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js:2:11142" rel="nofollow">https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.2/jquery.min.js:2:11142</a> d20.models.CharacterView&lt;._updateSheetValues@<a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/app.js?1408498017:29:7198" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/app.js?1408498017:29:7198</a> k.debounce/&lt;/n@<a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/base.js?1401285447:1:7634" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/assets/base.js?1401285447:1:7634</a> } Seems I'm missing something.
1409285589
Gauss
Forum Champion
Which character sheet are you using?
I believe it's the DnD 5e character sheet, created by Actoba according to the help page. Interestingly enough, the lag is suddenly much lighter today, although the error is still appearing in the console editor.
Okay, I'm about 99% sure at this point it's just my crappy computer.
actually, i have similar lag with the same sheet. im also experiencing appearance lag when i click on monster sheets (i made my own with the old methods of creating macros and assigning mods). my computer is not an old one, and my net speed is fast.
1410458003

Edited 1410458189
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
If you are using the 5e sheet and experiencing lag leave the console open and update a value in the sheet then click elsewhere in the sheet (or hit tab so the field you edited loses focus. You should see an entry in the sheet that tells you how long it to save the sheet after your update. The lag is at this stage as the sheet tries to save after every change you make and since the tabbed view of the sheet essentially uses an attribute in the background that means changing tabs also triggers a sheet save. I know that even in it's current form the 5e sheet causes some lag because of the sheer number of fields on it and the calculations it does in the background but it should be no more than a fraction of a second unless you are using it for very high level play and have the sheet very well populated, or have a less than modern computer (not that you should need anything cutting edge though!). I did make a few changes a few weeks ago to optimise one of the calculations (finesse mod for weapons) that seemed to help some people that were seeing bad lag using the sheet....so that may have been where you saw the improvement. Edit: I'm not sure why you would be getting the other error in the console though but looking at it it's not coming from the 5e sheet (thought that doesnt mean that it's not something the 5e sheet is trying to do thats causing it)
1410486276
Gold
Forum Champion
I've experienced lag that seemed attributable to character sheets. It was always when a char sheet was open and the lag was noticed in trying to scroll the character sheet; in some cases it eventually caused the Chrome window to be 'killed'. I've had it happen inconsistently on a D&D BECMI sheet, the AD&D 2E sheet, and the D&D 5E sheet. I haven't looked at the console log or reported it yet. Just wanted to add here the fact that I've had it happen on 3 different character sheets, at different times, and then the next day it seems back to normal.