Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Giving Call of Cthulhu players access to pre-gens

Last week I bought the Dead Lights module which comes with pre-generated characters and I had no trouble assigning the characters to the players and vice versa. But tonight I bought the Genius Locii module and could not for the life of me figure out how I was supposed to give the players access to the character sheets. I selected the pre-generated character and I selected the show to players Option.  So they could see the character sheet but they couldn't roll anything or edit anything.  I clicked on the token settings and the place where it normally allows me to assign a token to a player just said "determined in character settings" or something like that.  But when I open up the character sheet, there is no way to give the players access through the character sheet either.  Is t his a bug or is it tricky to do or am I just missing something obvious?

Edited 1675485775
Gauss
Forum Champion
Show to Players does not assign control to a player.  1) Click "Edit" (next to "Show to Players") 2) In the "In Player's Journals" entry put those players that should see the character.  3) In the "Can be Edited & Controlled By" entry put those players that should control the character.  4) Save
I see it now. The problem was that I needed to scroll up on the window which opened after I clicked edit.  I just assumed I was at the top of the window and could only go down. It never occurred to me to scroll up.