Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can you add a Description when rolling a Dex Save 5e

I was wondering if there was a way to add a description when rolling a Saving throw ex, if a barbarian has danger sense for that to display as text when a dex save is rolled. That way there isn't a chance me or the players forget about the advantage being there, there was a mistake on my part forgetting and so did the player in the heat of the moment. If there is a way to add this to the rolling macro that would be very Convenient 

Edited 1675485502
Gauss
Forum Champion
What I do is I make macros for my players, then add text to the end of the macro as a whisper to the GM.  Here is an example of the macro I use (courtesy of the Token Action Maker Mod script) @{wtype}&{template:simple} @{rtype}?{Saving Throw|Strength, +@{Strength_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[STR SAVE]]]}} {{rname=Strength Save}&#125 {{mod=@{Strength_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Strength_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[STR SAVE]]]|Dexterity, +@{Dexterity_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[DEX SAVE]]]}} {{rname=Dexterity Save}&#125 {{mod=@{Dexterity_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Dexterity_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[DEX SAVE]]]|Constitution, +@{Constitution_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CON SAVE]]]}} {{rname=Constitution Save}&#125 {{mod=@{Constitution_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Constitution_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CON SAVE]]]|Intelligence, +@{Intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[INT SAVE]]]}} {{rname=Intelligence Save}&#125 {{mod=@{Intelligence_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Intelligence_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[INT SAVE]]]|Wisdom, +@{Wisdom_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[WIS SAVE]]]}} {{rname=Wisdom Save}&#125 {{mod=@{Wisdom_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Wisdom_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[WIS SAVE]]]|Charisma, +@{Charisma_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CHA SAVE]]]}} {{rname=Charisma Save}&#125 {{mod=@{Charisma_save_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+@{Charisma_save_bonus}@{pbd_safe}[CHA SAVE]]]}}} {{global=@{global_save_mod}}} {{type=Save}} {{typec=Save}} @{charname_output} /w GM **Advantage vs Charmed** (Note: immune to sleep) You can see the whisper at the end of that (I ripped it from one of my player's sheets). Note: this is for the 5e by Roll20 character sheet. If you are doing a different character sheet it will have to be adjusted. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It would also be possible (at the Pro level) with the Mod script Customizable Roll Listener.
Thank you both I will work on this now and see what I can cook up