Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need assistance, pls. Knight of the Rose Bolstering Rally macro

I'm horribad at indepth macros and am wondering if someone could help me write up a macro for this. Feat: Knight of the Rose Bolstering Rally.  As a bonus action, you can encourage one creature you can see within 30 feet of yourself (you can choose yourself). If the target can see or hear you, the target gains  temporary hit points  equal to  1d8  + your proficiency bonus + the ability modifier of the ability score increased by this feat. You can use this bonus action a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus, and you regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest. So basically, I'm looking to have the macro just do the 1d8 + my prof + my CHA mod. Is there a way to do it so if my prof changes that it'll automatically change the macro? Thanks for any and all help.
[[1d8+@{pb}+@{charisma_mod}]] should work. This macro will automatically fetch the values for your Proficiency Bonus and your Charisma mod whenever they change.
Apparently I’m not doing it right. Am I missing something to include in the macro, other than copy/paste. I did /r as well but it all keeps coming up as an error.
Gauss
Forum Champion
To confirm, which character sheet are you using? 

Edited 1675582704
I’m not sure. It looks like the same D&D 5e sheet I’ve used for other games. I’m just trying to make a macro through the side panel #decktables

Edited 1675583844
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you supply a screenshot we can identify which sheet you are using. That will help with troubleshooting the macro. Also, where are you putting the macro? Ability or Collection tab? The macro Aries gave you is for an Ability macro. Collection tab macro would require character identification information. 
I was using the collection tab 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Katiepult said: I was using the collection tab  Yeah, you would need to use the example Macro in the character sheet's Attributes and Abilities tab as an Ability macro. Otherwise the system will not know which character sheet's stats are being pulled.  If you want to continue using the Collection Tab (I don't recommend that for macros that are character specific) then you will need to change the macro like this:  [[1d8+@{charactername|pb}+@{charactername|charisma_mod}]] Where charactername is the name of the character. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
or [[1d8+@{selected|pb}+@{selected|charisma_mod}]] and make sure a token with a character assigned is selected when you run it.
Thank you! I just got to open my sheet and look at the ability section. I was absolutely ignorant that there was an entire section on the sheet where macros could be created.  and the collection macro examples were lovely examples as well. :)