Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turnmarker - Is it possible to disable the bring to front feature?

I installed turnmarker1 to help me keep track of all my monsters with individual initiatives, but my players have a habit of climbing onto each other sometimes making stacks ranging from large to tiny. Whenever the initiative changes turnmarker1 brings the current token to front, covering anything in the same space. So my question in the title, is there a line I can toggle or remove to disable this feature?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
If you import the script and comment out line 525 like this: // toFront(currentToken); It will not bring the token to the front.  (Note: Player's always see tokens they control as being on top of tokens they do not control.)
Thanks for the quick reply, worked perfectly. Was not aware of the players seeing their tokens, I suppose it was the player with a familiar that complained about it.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Great! Yeah, it was a change made about 4–5 years ago.  The draw order was changed so that for players, the draw order is "all the things they don't control on the object layer, from back to front, followed by all the things they do control from back to front."  The end result is that their own tokens are on top of everything else, sorted from back to front. It was intended as a way to make it easier for players to not lose their tokens under some monster or spell effect, but the net result is that it's confusing sometimes because players and GMs will see different things.