Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Smart AOE no longer working

Several weeks ago, I installed the SmartAoE script, and it was functioning just fine. I used it in several game sessions. We were unable to play for a few weeks, and when we returned to the game last week, it's simply stopped working. I can get the menu to appear from the AoE Generator macro, but neither clicking on any of the selections, nor directly typing any of the SmartAoE commands into the chat, produce anything, regardless of which tokens are selected. It also does not function from the token actions of those tokens that have them. I did not change anything in the script. (I frankly know nothing about scripting, so I wouldn't dare.) I did not disable this script, or anything it relies on. I've even deleted and reinstalled the script, to no avail. I'm genuinely stumped.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ari! Are you by any chance also using Autobuttons? There was a security patch that broke some of it's core functionality, and refuses to let anything after it in the script list to load. If so, I can point you at a replacement, or you can find it in recent posts in the Mods forum.
I am indeed using Autobutton. That's probably it. I'll go look at the Mods forum, then. Thanks!
Hi, Fireball and Ice Storm do not work with Smart AOE. Any suggestions?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
dehenn, if you are using the examples from the github repo, those both utilize a custom control token instead of the default reticle token. Both of those use a rollable table (multi-sided) token that is the default token for a character sheet in my game named "GenericSpellAoE". For this to work in your game, you would need to create a similar character sheet and default token (and use the correct name in your macro). Or, you could remove the --controlTokName and --controlTokSide (and optionally the --controlTokSize) lines from the macro and just use the default control token.