Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wierd API problem

As with all the games I run in Roll20, I am going through my next adventure (Dungeon of the Mad Mage) to make sure that everything has Token Actions created for them. The weird problem I have experienced is the mephits on level 2. Creating Token Actions for these three mephits (mud, magma and smoke) and the token actions the API creates doesn't work. Has anybody else had this problem and, if so, how did you fix it? Any other Token Actions I try to create (so far) have all worked fine, and it works fine for these creatures in a different game :O
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Dave! I can't find any mephits on level 2. However... The quickest way to add Token Actions to any module that doesn't have them is to go to the Token Page. This has all the tokens in the module. You can select them all at once and run your TAM command, but I would suggest doing it in smaller groups, in case you time out. This should get every creature in the module. Remember, the commands show when you select a token, but are stored on the character sheet. The Token page should have a token for every sheet in the module. I just tested on the mephits on the token page, and they got set up without issue. Double check those ones you see on level 2 and make sure they represent a sheet.
Their at the top. I had no problem creating the Token Actions (well practiced), but what happened is that they then didn't work. However, I fixed the problem by deleting the ones in the game and re-adding them, then  creating Token Actions. Worked fine with the fresh tokens! :) David keithcurtis said: Hi Dave! I can't find any mephits on level 2. However... The quickest way to add Token Actions to any module that doesn't have them is to go to the Token Page. This has all the tokens in the module. You can select them all at once and run your TAM command, but I would suggest doing it in smaller groups, in case you time out. This should get every creature in the module. Remember, the commands show when you select a token, but are stored on the character sheet. The Token page should have a token for every sheet in the module. I just tested on the mephits on the token page, and they got set up without issue. Double check those ones you see on level 2 and make sure they represent a sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Odd. I'm glad you got them working, though. Let me know if you ever discover why, and I'll see if TAM needs any tweaking.