Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

!ApplyDamage issues with buttons and colons

I am using !group-check to generate a dialog box, make checks and apply damage but I would also like to add statuses. The issue I'm having is that I use custom status markers which need referencing like this: `Stunned::4556565` I know I have to add the marker into the list in ApplyDamage and have done that. The problem is that the group check command works by passing the output to a button, and buttons are links in roll20 and the colons break the link. I have tried several ways of fixing this. Using using %3a instead of the colons in the groupcheck command, this makes the button display the correct link but Apply damagfe sends me an "Error Invalid Status".   Just using the marker name "Stunned",  this gives me a message that it worked but does not apply the marker. Using a standard marker e.g. Blue, then taking the output from that result and replacing "Blue" with "Stunned::4556565". This works, but is more work than just rolling and setting the statuses manually. Googling around this it seems I need to do something to change the %3a into : when it passes the data to apply damage, but I have no idea how to do this.
For reference the group check command I'm using is: !group-check {{ --whisper --?{Ability Save|Strength,Strength Save|Dexterity,Dexterity Save|Constitution,Constitution Save|Intelligence,Intelligence Save|Wisdom,Wisdom Save|Charisma,Charisma Save} --ro ?{Roll Type|Normal,roll1|Advantage,adv|Disadvantage,dis} --process --subheader vs DC ?{DC} --button ApplyDamage !apply-damage ~dmg [[?{Damage|0}]] ~type ?{Damage on Save|Half,half|None,none} ~DC ?{DC} ~saves RESULTS(,) ~ids IDS(,) ~status ?{Status| None, | Red,red| Blue,blue| Green,green| Orange,orange| Purple,purple| Pink,pink| Yellow,yellow| ―, | Any Negative,Any-Negative| Disadvantage,Disadvantage| ―, | Prone,prone| Restrained,Restrained| Grappled,Grappled| ―, | Incapacitated,Incapacitated| Stunned,Stunned::4556565| Unconscious,Unconscious| ―, | Charmed,Charmed| Frightened,Frightened| ―, | Poisoned,Poisoned| Blinded,Blinded| Deafened,Deafened| Paralyzed,Paralyzed| Petrified,Petrified| ―, | Dodging,Dodging| Invisible,Invisible| ―, } }}
Another idea I had was to just eliminate the button, if it just pased the command it would eliminate the issue but I can't seem to work that out either.