Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Better Way to Tag Marketplace Assets

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there. I'm posting a lot of stuff on the marketplace to sell, and tagging each image manually is taxing. Is there a way to mass tag things? Have I missed something?
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
When you save your image, save it as Essen Asset Name [tag1, tag2, tag2].png There can only be three tags, though they can be more than one word long such as tagging "solar system" "space ship" "orc warrior token" etc. Assuming you didn't do this while saving the assets, you can still do it with external renaming programs, like File Renamer Basic, or with a bit of Powershell knowledge. I use File Renamer Basic for the purpose of mass tagging. This unfortunately can't be done for the squares covered number.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Essen, are you on the Marketplace Creator discord? You might be able to get even more helpful tips there.
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The brackets worked, thank you so much!
For anyone dealing with a large number of assets, Microsoft Powertoys is available in the windows store. I was able to tag ~650 assets in about 5 minutes  (though the operation itself takes only a few seconds) using the 'PowerRename' feature, searching for '.png' and replacing it with ' [tag3].png'.  I then added broader classifiers by searching for '[' and replacing it with '[tag2, '. Be mindfull of the spaces! You can use this across multiple selected files, entire folders, and nested folders with files, so be sure you're using it in the right place and on the right things before clicking apply! Out of all the solutions on windows, this is the best I've found after a few days of searching. Hope this helps someone.