My two must have APIs are setattr and tokenmod . Mostly because I want to prep a bunch of things on my character's sheets before we start playing. What sort of things?  Well, here is an example from one of my FATE games. It turns off the edit modes, sets the style I prefer to see the sheet's skills in. Then it sets the token's size, all the bars, and finally applies the changes to the default token. Likely I could have the default token rolled into the previous tokenmod call; however, I kept having weirdness that was solved by making it a call all alone. /w gm setting details with setattr !setattr --sel --fp|5 --refresh|3 --SkillStyle|pyramid --EditSkills|0 --EditAspects|0 --EditStress|0 --EditStunts|0 --EditPowers|0 --EditExtras|0 --EditConsequences|0 --EditConditions|0 --EditTempAspects|0 --EditNotes|0 /w gm setting details with tokenmod !token-mod {{ --on show_tooltip showname showplayers_name --set width|140 height|140 bar1_link|Stress-MentalStress-Used bar2_link|Stress-PhysicalStress-Used bar3_link|Condition-DrunkHigh-Used tooltip|"@{selected|character_name}" }} /w gm setting default token with tokenmod !token-mod {{ --set defaulttoken }} One of the cool things I figured out about the character sheet as I was diving through the Abilities & Attributes tab is many of the variables on a sheet don't come into existence until the value is set on the character sheet. I hope that someone finds this small example helpful as most of it can be easily ported to any other game system. The one thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to pre-set certain skills to a value other than zero.