Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script help, pistol chamber bullet counter

Can anyone help me find a script that would auto count the bullets in a pistol chamber? One of my players uses a gunslinger with different kinds of bullets and a reload mechanic, having to manually keep track of every bullet they fire from the chamber, total bullets remaining, and the type of bullet he fired is becoming a hassle the more his character progresses as he gets newer and newer types of ammo. Anyone know of a way to keep track of all this easily? I do use the Ammo script to keep track of all his bullets even ones that aren't loaded but am struggling trying to find a way to make it keep track of his loaded bullets. Any help is greatly appreciated! 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Which character sheet are you using?

Edited 1677506677
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Also, what would you ideal system look like from an interface standpoint?  What are the interactions you'd need with it? 
Using the genesys character sheet. A basic interface that'd have 6 values of whatever bullets they loaded into their pistol, a way to indicate the type of bullet and number of bullets in the chamber.

Edited 1677784587
I think i've figured our a way to incorporate the bullet chamber results, reload script would have each bullet time listed as well as the number of bullets in. While it still has to be manually managed to make sure only 6 bullets are loaded each bullet type would have it's own location on the number so (302001, would be something like 3 energy bullets, 2 healing bullets, and 1 sharp bullet). Now the part I still need help with anyone know of a script that can read out the numbers in a string format? So what I need is a way to make it say   3 energy bullets, 2 healing bullets, and 1 sharp bullet from  302001 Edit: number isn't limited to a 6 digit number, using it as a base for now while I figure out the basics