Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GroupCheck Token Distinction Question

Hello! GroupCheck seems like a really useful mod, but I can't tell how to parse which roll belongs to which token. For example, which zombie here got a 13? 
When you have the Turn Tracker up, if you hover over any name, a yellow square will appear over the related token.  If all of your tokens are named the same thing, that is the only way I can think of to easily track which is which. This is great use case for another one of TheAaron's wonderful scripts: TokenNameNumber , which can append numbers to tokens as they are pulled out of the Journal or when they are copied and pasted to make duplicates. Since you already have tokens on the table, you can use this scriptlet of his to add numbers to the tokens as well. Another trick that is slightly related is to change the name on the character sheet of all your NPC characters to @{selected|token_name}, so that when rolls are made, it will show the name of the token that is making the roll.
Also, if you install the Virtual Table Top Enhancement suite (VTTES) by Justas Dabrila, you will have many enhancements to your Roll20 game. In  the area of initiative, you can set it to automatically open the Turn Tracker when initiative is rolled, To Ping and to Select the Token when it's their Initiative and automatically move the Camera to the Token, to Automatically Sort Initiative Hi to Low, Low to High, or Alphabetically up or down, and to make a Shortcut to Advance the Initiative.  There are lots of other options - one of my favorites is, if your players have the (free) extension installed too, you can set the area of a Map and the Zoom level, and every time anyone enters that Map they will Zoom in and the Map will be centered where you set it.
Thank you, I'll give  TheAaron's scripts a shot! And thanks for the reminder, I had heard great things about VTTES a while ago and completely forgot about it.