Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Campaign Builder - Cities & Towns

Hello, I cannot seem to find the toolkit mentioned in the description of my my recent marketplace purchase: Campaign Builder - Cities & Towns from Kobold Press. Product Description:                 Campaign Builder: Cities & Towns provides a complete toolkit to create, expand, and enhance the cities and towns in your 5th Edition game,             whether running an established setting or working with an original or homebrew setting.                   This Roll20 content pack includess compendium expansion including all of the NPCs and monsters from the book, and a map pack addon featuring: 12 large high resolution maps fully scaled and ready to use full dynamic lighting (for plus and pro users) new windows and doors functionality (for plus and pro users) I am able to use the Map Pack Addon and they are great, but I can't pull up any of the tables, player options, NPCs monsters, etc. Additionally, when I try to look at the product from the "compendium" it just leads me in an endless loop of searching and clicking without taking me to something that resembles other marketplace purchases.  Thanks for anyone's help on this, DMJDB

Edited 1678492537
Gauss
Forum Champion
Confirmed on the endless loop. I have forwarded that issue to the Devs. However, you should be able to pull up the NPCs and Monsters via the in-game compendium if you search for the term "campaign builder" (without quotes).  I will make inquiries about the "toolkit".
Thanks to Gauss for guiding me to this earlier thread, going to post what I already said in another: RAX  said: Saw this one on the marketplace and was excited as I waited a bit for it to come out here, but once bought it seems that it only contains  the compendium expansion for NPCs and the map add-on,  but not the toolkit for expanding cities, tables and other information from the book. Is that correct? It does state that it "provides a complete toolkit to create, expand, and enhance the cities and towns in your 5th Edition game" Perhaps in my excitement I jumped the gun, but I would like some confirmation that this is intended, as I find the content underwhelming compared to other titles from the publisher. I can also confirm that dragging npcs/monsters works for me.

Edited 1678554492
Sella
Plus
I redeemed the code from this Kobold Press' kickstarter and I can only access the NCPs and Monsters. Not able to use the toolkit or find the maps in my purchase items. Glad to know that I am not the only one as I started thinking I was doing something wrong but I hope this gets resolved quickly. Thanks in advance
Gauss
Forum Champion
The redirect issue to the website compendium should now be resolved. If you are still getting a bad redirect please perform a hard refresh.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Sella said: I redeemed the code this Kobold Press' kickstarter and I can only access the NCPs and Monsters. Not able to use the toolkit or find the maps in my purchase items. Glad to know that I am not the only one as I started thinking I was doing something wrong but I hope this gets resolved quickly. Thanks in advance The maps are add-ons, I can confirm they are present. To use them go to your campaign details page, then go to Add-ons and you can find the Campaign Builder there. Once it is added to your campaign the pages will be in the game. Still don't know about the toolkit stuff. Does anyone have a physical or pdf copy?
Gauss said: Sella said: I redeemed the code this Kobold Press' kickstarter and I can only access the NCPs and Monsters. Not able to use the toolkit or find the maps in my purchase items. Glad to know that I am not the only one as I started thinking I was doing something wrong but I hope this gets resolved quickly. Thanks in advance The maps are add-ons, I can confirm they are present. To use them go to your campaign details page, then go to Add-ons and you can find the Campaign Builder there. Once it is added to your campaign the pages will be in the game. Still don't know about the toolkit stuff. Does anyone have a physical or pdf copy? I was able to access the maps today, thanks, although there is one (City Streets and Alleys) that did not load.  I do have the pdf from the kickstarter and I think I misunderstood what this was. I thought we could access the whole book in the compendium here in Roll20  too but I think it is only the extra NPCs and Monsters. so all seems to be good now, with the exception of that map. Thanks a lot,
Gauss
Forum Champion
Sella said: I was able to access the maps today, thanks, although there is one (City Streets and Alleys) that did not load.  I do have the pdf from the kickstarter and I think I misunderstood what this was. I thought we could access the whole book in the compendium here in Roll20  too but I think it is only the extra NPCs and Monsters. so all seems to be good now, with the exception of that map. Thanks a lot, To confirm there is no missing content from the PDF (other than your issue with a map)? City Streets and Alleys is confirmed, it doesn't load. Will forward that to the Devs. 
Gauss said: Sella said: I was able to access the maps today, thanks, although there is one (City Streets and Alleys) that did not load.  I do have the pdf from the kickstarter and I think I misunderstood what this was. I thought we could access the whole book in the compendium here in Roll20  too but I think it is only the extra NPCs and Monsters. so all seems to be good now, with the exception of that map. Thanks a lot, To confirm there is no missing content from the PDF (other than your issue with a map)? City Streets and Alleys is confirmed, it doesn't load. Will forward that to the Devs.  Yes, no missing content other than that map. It was my mistake. My pledge did not include the whole book in the Roll20 compendium, apologies. Thanks so much for your help and quick responses. Really pleased with the service :)
Looking around it does make sense, the PDF price point is higher than what is offered here in the marketplace.  So it was a misunderstanding (at least on my part) of what was offered, and this product only includes the statblocks and the maps :( Thanks for the help.

Edited 1678630591
DM
Pro
Same here, Rax. I thought it would be the full product  based on the description.  I didn't realize there was a price difference but I was also looking at a lot of the GM appreciation deals going on. EDIT: I did just notice that all of the NPCs and Monsters have a CR of 0. IDK what they are supposed to be but I suspect it isn't 0.
Glad I saw these posts. I was considering purchasing but the "ad" did not allow any inspection of the goods. None at all that I could find but the bullet point listing of what you would get (but apparently won't get based on above comments). A $20 item with no means to inspect the content? I will not buy without being able to see the maps/docs/items supposed to be included. Why is there no one at Roll 20 who checks products for content matching their pitch? How can a product like this be allowed on the Marketplace? Running a Campaign is enough work without having to dig/search/post/etc. a product that does not meet its advertised content or no directions on how to find/use said content and then the work of obtaining a refund?! Seems I cannot trust the Marketplace. What say you, Roll 20??

Edited 1678741143
Gauss
Forum Champion
Mike K., based on my research the Roll20 description is correct, what was confusing the folks earlier in the thread is the information not on Roll20.  Here is the Roll20 description:  "Campaign Builder: Cities & Towns provides a complete toolkit to create, expand, and enhance the cities and towns in your 5th Edition game, whether running an established setting or working with an original or homebrew setting. This Roll20 content pack includess compendium expansion including all of the NPCs and monsters from the book, and a map pack addon featuring: 12 large high resolution maps fully scaled and ready to use full dynamic lighting (for plus and pro users) new windows and doors functionality (for plus and pro users)" Breaking that down: "toolkit" I think is the term confusing folks. It is a vague and nebulous phrase.  In the Kobold Press (not on Roll20) information there are multiple levels of product. The "toolkit" is what people are taking to be the rest of the product, but that is not stated on the Roll20 side of things.  However, what is actually included is this section:  "This Roll20 content pack includess compendium expansion including all of the NPCs and monsters from the book , and a map pack addon featuring:" (bolding mine) Then it lists already set up maps that also have DL and doors/windows set up.  So the Roll20 product is pretty specific about what it includes. It is the information from Kobold Press (not on Roll20) which is leading to confusion.  With that said, there were two issues. A linking issue which has been resolved and a map page issue which still needs to be resolved.  As a final note: Roll20 is good about refunds. Their "inspection system" is you buying and then returning the item within 15days. If you don't like the product request a refund within 15days.  Here is the refund policy.
This product is misleading. I bought it thinking I was getting the entirety of the product. This is not "Campaign Builder - Cities & Towns" as it's advertised. And now, because I thought it was a bug, more then 15 days have passed and I can't get a refund... Kobold press has great products, but this one is exactly bad. A pin should be made to advert other potential buyers from making this mistake, I would have bought the PDF instead, now I lost 20$.