Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't Get Wrap-around Text to Work in Handouts

I'm trying to follow the basic procedure provided here <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/roll20-tips-and-tricks-innovative-solutions-to-common-problems/?pageforid=6853374#post-6853374" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/roll20-tips-and-tricks-innovative-solutions-to-common-problems/?pageforid=6853374#post-6853374</a> I was able to get the image loaded as needed, and inspect it.&nbsp; But when I selected "Add Attribute", no box popped up to add the modification.&nbsp; Does this no longer work, or is it likely a security setting I have?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm pretty sure it no longer works. The last few times I have tried have been unsuccessful in getting it to save.
Do you know if the more complicated markup approach still works?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Haven't tried it. If I want super-styled handouts, I typically use Stephen S. Markdown script, but that's a Pro subscriber perk. What specifically are you trying to accomplish? There may be other ways to achieve it.
That's exactly what I was referring to, the Markdown scripts.&nbsp; There were some comments that it had broke.&nbsp; It looked complicated, and I was hoping before I dug into it that I could confirm that those scripts still worked. Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Alright, I have done some more testing, and it is still doable, but it is even more kludgy than before. From some quick tests, it appears that it cannot be tweaked while in edit mode; the image is wrapped in some kind of object that obscures the image code. So: Right click and inspect the image while in display mode. To the image's css properties in the inspection panel, add "float:left" or "float:right". The display will change, but this is not permanent, it's just for that session. To make it permanent: Put the sheet into edit mode. Select All and Copy. Close the handout. Refresh the session. Open the handout in the new session and put it into edit mode. Select All and Paste. Save the handout. Your changes should now be persistent. From what I can tell from my layman's perspective, changes made in the inspector are temporary, limited to that session. Even if you copy and paste in that session, it is only copying and pasting a change that is somehow "marked" as temporary. By refreshing, you are erasing whatever that "temporary" flag is, and pasting truly altered code. Example: I'd also suggest adding a margin property around the image, for readability. And like before, this is a hack. Use at your own discretion.
Ok, I did indeed get that to work.&nbsp; Only difference was no box popped up when I hit add a feature, but I had boxes down below where I could add a feature, once I understood those were editable.&nbsp; Everything else worked like a charm!&nbsp; Thank you very much.

Edited 1679201676
Hey, I discovered that you could load your image into a handout at the standard location, dropping it in image box. You can then copy it and paste it into the text, and do the modifications as indicated above.&nbsp; Apparently this counts as an image copied from the web, and it is now formatted such that you can modify its coding.&nbsp; Afterwards, I deleted the image from my Roll 20 library, and the image embedded in the text remained (so far).&nbsp; I closed my browser, and then reopened it to Roll20, and the picture remained.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It is likely the image will disappear when the cache is cleared, assuming that the image was deleted from "Recent Uploads".