Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copy and Paste Player Handout?

I'm playing Rise of the Drow and I'd like to take the Klavek Kingdom Map Handout and make it into a map for tokens to rest on. Whenever I do this, however, and zoom in on the map, everything gets blurry so you cannot even read the city names. As a handout, it's fine. But if I save a copy and try to move it into an actual map then stretch it out to fit, it just gets blurry. Is there a simple way to copy and paste it into a new map?

Edited 1679237214
It sounds like a problem with resolution, rather than anything specific with Roll20 itself. I suggest you resize the handout to the resolution you require then snip the handout as a new image file and create a brand new map based on that file. If that doesn't work, a quick search on the internet located this page from the publisher (AAW games) which has a decent image (at a resolution of 2048 x 1681) of the map you could probably base the Roll20 map on. I don't own the module, so my apologies if that linked map is not quite complete! This is probably the best and quickest option in my opinion, assuming the map is "complete" from your perspective. Third option would be to contact the publisher and ask them to update the Roll20 module to include the handout as a map - this does seem like a miss on their part as it seems fairly obvious some folk would want to track where the party is in the game world.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Eric! My suggestion is to click on the handout image, right click on the resulting preview and down load it to your computer, re-upload it and set both page and map to  2048 x 1681 pixels (which is generous for a handout image). That is the highest resolution for that asset, and should result in maximum quality. It should be sufficient for the purpose you describe.  If you need something more robust, I would suggest writing to the author, AAW Games. They might be able to provide you with that resource.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sniped by Manny! It appears that the website map and the module handout map are of the same resolution:  2048 x 1681  pixels.
Thank you both for the help. I couldn't figure out the first part, Manny, but I did go to the website, grabbed that map, and sized dropped it on a new page and sized it to 2048 x 1681 and now everything is clear.  Thanks!
Apologies for the snipe Keith!  Glad we could be of help Eric, and hope the map works out for you. The module looks quite decent but I think I'll wait for a sale before grabbing a copy. I did have a look on the website whilst I was there and saw the collector's edition hardback on sale ... very tempted!!! Anyway, happy gaming :-)