Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Difficult Question

I have trouble with a jump kick in the uni system. A jump kick needs one roll to get airborne. This roll will have a rolled number and from this number there is a successlevel calculated. For example 9=1, 11=2 etc. Now this success level would be added to a follow up roll for the actual jump kick. Example: You roll the get airborne 11. This is a success level 2. Then you roll the jump kick and add 2 to the roll. Similar question for aim. I have shoot actions. You can mark a checkbox "aim" and when you shoot it should roll the aim and calculate the success level and use these to add them to the actual shoot roll. Any idea how this could work? I have an example of a simple kick here:  <!-- Kick -->                 <th><button type='roll' class="sheet-skillbutton" value="&{template:default} {{name=@{character_name} attacks with @{Kick_name-1} }} [[ [[{9,11,13,15,17,21,24,27,30}<[[1d10+@{Kick_attack_rating-1}+?{Modifiers|0}]] ]]+ @{Kick_damage_base} ]] {{Roll=$[[0]]}} {{Levels=$[[1]]}} {{Damage=$[[3]]}}"></button>                 <td><input type="hidden" class="sheet-textbox" style="width:200px" value="Kick" disabled="true" name="attr_Kick_name-1"                     />   Kick</td>                 <th><input type="number" class="sheet-numberbox" style "width:150px" name="attr_Kick_attack_rating-1" value="@{base-Dexterity} + @{mod-Dexterity} + @{Kung_Fu_rating}-1"                         disabled="true" /></th>                 <th class="sheet-lb"><input type="number" name="attr_Kick_damage_base" value="[[2* (@{base-Strength} + @{mod-Strength}+1)]]"                         disabled="true" /></th>                 <th class="sheet-lb"></th>

Edited 1679599920
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to use two rolls in one roll, you'll probably have to use Custom Roll Parsing. It's described on the Roll20 wiki.
Thank you, this looks similar to what I need. I need the successlevel of the first roll to be added to the second roll. But I am affraid these examples go beyond my understanding. Would you be able to provide an example with the kick I posted?

Edited 1679594926
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not sure I'll have time. Hopefully someone else will get to it soon. (PS: I agree the CRP instructions are written very unclearly.)