Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wasn't there a way to move the token bubbles to the side?

I could have sworn there used to be a way, a setting, an API, something, that allowed you to move the default red, green, and blue "bubbles" above the token, moving them to the left or right side. I think it also allowed you to make them square, but that's beside the point. Now I can't find anything like that, only ways to move the token markers , but I want to move the bubbles instead so they are stacked up on one side or the other. Any ideas?
There are third-party browser extensions that can move the token bubbles.   Stylus can do this, as well as others.  VTTES is another one (and likely the one that you are thinking of, as it changes the bubbles to be squares and moves them to the side of the token), but fair warning that it is known to cause other troubleshooting issues, and is somewhat taboo as it can allow for piracy of copyrighted materials.

Edited 1679429987
Joel
Pro
Jarren said: There are third-party browser extensions that can move the token bubbles.   Stylus can do this, as well as others.  VTTES is another one (and likely the one that you are thinking of, as it changes the bubbles to be squares and moves them to the side of the token), but fair warning that it is known to cause other troubleshooting issues, and is somewhat taboo as it can allow for piracy of copyrighted materials. okay thank you. Do you mean only VTTES is frowned upon, or any extension like stylus and others as well?
Jarren said: There are third-party browser extensions that can move the token bubbles.   Stylus can do this, as well as others.  VTTES is another one (and likely the one that you are thinking of, as it changes the bubbles to be squares and moves them to the side of the token), but fair warning that it is known to cause other troubleshooting issues, and is somewhat taboo as it can allow for piracy of copyrighted materials. if I used an extension as GM, then would it only change the location on my display, or for all the other players as well? I don't want to make them all install something just for the aesthetic convenience.

Edited 1679433356
Joel said: okay thank you. Do you mean only VTTES is frowned upon, or any extension like stylus and others as well? Specifically VTTES is frowned upon. Stylus only manipulates the display. Joel said: if I used an extension as GM, then would it only change the location on my display, or for all the other players as well? I don't want to make them all install something just for the aesthetic convenience It will only display on your device.  In the thread I linked, there’s also an explanation about how to share the code with your players to make it fairly easy for them - just have them install Stylus then go to a link with the code you want them to use and it’ll automatically upload the code and they can update their code whenever you make updates within the extension.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As far as I know, Roll20 has never taken a public stance on VTTES, only requesting that it be turned off as part of troubleshooting (being an "aftermarket" extension). It is frowned upon on the Roll20 Reddit Discord (not run by Roll20), as the VTTES Discord links (or used to link—haven't check in years) to a repository of pirated materials. VTTES has some nice quality of life enhancements, but nothing I'd think was worth the hassle of mucking up troubleshooting. Here are links to some Stylus tweaks that may interest you. Stylus is less invasive than VTTES, but I'd also suggest disabling when troubleshooting. Tweaks to the Radial Token Menu and Token Markers   Adding Labels to Token Marker Menu  - Andrew  [Install]