Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TokenNameNumber frequently deactivating

Has anyone had a problem with having to deactivate and reactivate the TokenNameNumber API to get automatic token numbering and other APIs to function properly?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm. Are you getting any errors?  What other scripts are you using?  Did this start recently?
No errors, but my GroupCheck API also does not display when my TokenNameNumber stops working - which is happening on a daily basis now. This began a couple months ago, but has been progressively worse in the past week or two.  My fix is to go into my APIs and disable TokenNameNumber and then enable it again. The problem with that is I use GroupCheck while playing, so when it fails to work, I have to leave the game, perfom my fix, and then reenter the game - not cool!
Terry B. said: No errors, but my GroupCheck API also does not display when my TokenNameNumber stops working - which is happening on a daily basis now. This began a couple months ago, but has been progressively worse in the past week or two.&nbsp; My fix is to go into my APIs and disable TokenNameNumber and then enable it again. The problem with that is I use GroupCheck while playing, so when it fails to work, I have to leave the game, perfom my fix, and then reenter the game - not cool! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11382535/tokennamenumber-api-frequently-needing-to-be-reset/?pageforid=11382538#post-11382538" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11382535/tokennamenumber-api-frequently-needing-to-be-reset/?pageforid=11382538#post-11382538</a> You haven't responded in your other post: What scripts do you currently have loaded, and why do you think it is TNN that is causing the issue? I'm guessing that TokenNameNumber is not the culprit (or there would likely be many other people having issues).&nbsp; Disabling TNN and re-enabling it will restart your sandbox, regardless of which script may be causing an issue. If you can list all of the scripts you are currently using, and when you notice the sandbox failing, that would be helpful.&nbsp; I would also suggest using the APIHeartbeat script &nbsp;and keeping the Scripts sandbox open in a separate window while you are troubleshooting/playing, so that you can hopefully see when the sandbox has an error immediately (unless there is a 'silent crash').
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There was a change a few months ago that affected sandboxes with a particular script installed.&nbsp; It was fixed in the 1-click version, but if you have an older version of that script installed, it could be causing this issue.&nbsp; Getting a full list of the scripts you're using would help.&nbsp; Something else you can do is disable scripts until you find the one that's causing the hang.&nbsp; Since it's kind of a silent thing, that can be a bit hard, but APIHeartbeat can help with that.

Edited 1679590021
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That script was AutoButtons, but its problem is that it would consistently end the loading process, not crash the sandbox. I think Jarren has the most likely culprit. something causing the sandbox to crash. Disabling and re-enabling any script would fix that, but clicking "Restart Sandbox" would be quicker and easier.
Thanks for all the good input. It makes sense to me. I'll try monitoring the sandbox and disabling less-used APIs one-at-a-time as troubleshooting. How do you "one-click" an API like GroupInitiative? My current GroupInitiative does not automatically sort descending or ascending anymore. Thanks again.
<a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360046238454-How-to-Install-API-Scripts-via-1-Click-Install" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360046238454-How-to-Install-API-Scripts-via-1-Click-Install</a>
Thanks Jarren.
Restarting Sandbox does fix the problem more quickly. Now I just have to find the offending API.
If you get an error message in the sandbox window when your Mods stop working, post it along with which scripts you have loaded and someone might be able to help narrow it down.&nbsp;
Thanks. Looking in to it now...
I have the following error message in my API sandbox screen: Your scripts are currently disabled due to an error that was detected.&nbsp; &nbsp;Please make appropriate changes to your script's code and click the "Save Script" button.&nbsp; For reference, the error message generated was:&nbsp; Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down. 1. 2."-=&gt; GroupInitiative v0.9.36 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Thu Feb 03 2022 01:42:35 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" I tried to find GroupInitiative in the API list so I could reload it, but nothing beginning with GroupInitiative was there. Does anyone know if that API got renamed? Maybe I should start a different post for this question. Thoughts?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you take a screenshot of all the list of scripts you have installed?
I deleted GroupInitiative from my Apps and was then able to find it in my search list and reinstall it.&nbsp; The current APIs I have installed are:
Sorry, Current APIs: libTokenMarkers, TokenNameNumber, TokenMod, D&amp;D 5E - GMSheet, 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion, GroupCheck, GroupInitiative.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I just don't see anything in that list that would result in the sandbox detecting an infinite loop.&nbsp; I've looked through each of those scripts (I wrote more than half of them), and there's just not that much going on that would lead to an infinite loop.&nbsp; There are a bunch of other people posting about similar issues, we've reached out to the devs to look at issues that might be happening on the sandbox.&nbsp; I'm hoping those bear fruit.
Thank you Aaron. I hope you hear something of significance for this.