Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Add circle auras in addition to disk and square auras

Score + 33

Edited 1679708598
Good morning, After several years as a player, I realized that the disc and square type auras could impact the comfort of my eyes, on the map. A suggestion would be to add a new type of aura : circles (without volumes inside). We would therefore only have the exteriors, allowing us to always see the field. A similar style can be done for squares. Thanks for reading. :) EDIT : March 25 : I propose a complementary addition, to expand the request : to be able to modify the line style (line, points, ..., ---, - - - - - -, etc.) allowing to differentiate auras other than by their color.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I like this idea very much!
A relatively easy way to implement this would be to add a checkbox to each aura labeled "Perimeter Only" or something less pedantic, to indicate that the aura is to be hollow when checked.  Checking this box would also increase the aura opacity.
Gold
Forum Champion
That would be an excellent upgrade for the Aura feature.  +1
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
This would be especially helpful when there are multiple auras on the field at once, and the battlemap begins to get covered up. Heck, I might use this as my default aura setting even without multiple auras. There have been a number of proposals for adjusting opacity of auras, like this one: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10654724/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10654724/slug%7D</a> I'm happy to see that this somewhat related suggestion is past the 10-vote threshold!

Edited 1679708621
Thanks for your feedback everyone ! :D Bill (Do Not Kill) said: A relatively easy way to implement this would be to add a checkbox to each aura labeled "Perimeter Only" or something less pedantic, to indicate that the aura is to be hollow when checked.&nbsp; Checking this box would also increase the aura opacity. &nbsp; Yes, the suggestion to have a "Perimeter only" checkbox under the aura style would be the least cumbersome solution. In addition, it would even allow a solution to apply other line styles (line, points, ...), making it possible to differentiate the different aura other than by their color. Stephen C. said: This would be especially helpful when there are multiple auras on the field at once, and the battlemap begins to get covered up. Heck, I might use this as my default aura setting even without multiple auras. There have been a number of proposals for adjusting opacity of auras, like this one: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10654724/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10654724/slug%7D</a> I'm happy to see that this somewhat related suggestion is past the 10-vote threshold! Yes, thank you for your support, I'm also happy to have exceeded 10 votes. :)
+1 Yes, please! I use lots of circular (filled) auras for lighting since I have players whose computers can't support dynamic lighting. I play with just fog of war, and knowing how far out people can see, and their bright/dim cutoff, matters a lot for my games (stealth, secret door detection, etc), so two auras for most tokens. More than a couple overlapping tends to obscure the map, so I have to turn them off when the party is close together and on when people move away.&nbsp; I also use them for other things, like Paladin aura area of effect. A colorable "perimiter only" circular aura setting (individual for each aura) would keep me from having to turn auras on and off as people move around, and make my gameplay smoother.