Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

handout image broken

I don't know English. I'm writing this through a translator.&nbsp; There has been a problem since yesterday. A long explanation is difficult.&nbsp; Instead, I found a forum of the same problem. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10683817/images-in-handouts-and-in-chat-are-broken-again" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10683817/images-in-handouts-and-in-chat-are-broken-again</a> Please fix it. I want to play a roll20.&nbsp;
I can't reproduce the problem with pasting an image. Do you mind filling out a Help Request ?
Bianca said: I can't reproduce the problem with pasting an image. Do you mind filling out a Help Request ? I sent it a while ago. However, could you tell me what else you need for a better report? Then I'll attach it together.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
When pasting an image, make sure that you are pasting an image that is copied from an online source, not from a document on your computer. There is some metadata required that only comes from images copied from a source already on the internet.

Edited 1679830201
Bianca said: I can't reproduce the problem with pasting an image. Do you mind filling out a Help Request ? Could you try pasting an image from google docs? I think that's the reason for broken image. It acts normally while editing, but there seems to be a problem when I save it. There was no problem when I pasted image from other webpages.&nbsp; + Sent Help Request
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can paste an image that was copied from a google doc&nbsp; into a bio or handout , and it remains editable. FWIW, google docs puts a lot of code into those images. I've had very bad luck with just right clicking the image and copy/pasting it into other places. Depending how the image got into the Google doc in the first place, it could act unexpectedly. I would strongly recommend a service dedicated to simply hosting images, like imgur. If your only source is the google doc, and that isn't working, I'd suggest moving the image into something like that before using it in Roll20.