Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fighting Styles 5e

I was wondering how some of y'all add in things like Archery, without having to add it to every weapon, or if that is the general way that's handled?
Gauss
Forum Champion
There are two places to put it, in the weapon and in the Global <insert type> Modifiers such as the Global Attack Modifier.  Which one you use is up to you, but for something that never changes like the Archery Fighting Style I would recommend putting it in the weapons that it applies to. 
There any way to set it up as sort of an 'item' that alters ranged attack modifiers? like: Item Type: FightingStyle, Ranged Attacks +2 (I tried this, but 'Ranged Attacks' wasn't the right thing.)

Edited 1679682792
Gauss
Forum Champion
Faust said: There any way to set it up as sort of an 'item' that alters ranged attack modifiers? like: Item Type: FightingStyle, Ranged Attacks +2 (I tried this, but 'Ranged Attacks' wasn't the right thing.) Based on the 5e by Roll20 wiki there is no Ranged Attacks field for items. Additionally, I do not believe that the character sheet keeps track of ranged vs melee attacks for autocalculation purposes.  Your best bet is to put it in the attack in the attack line (see image's "red box").  If that is not a good option for you could you explain why? I might be able to figure out a workaround for you. 
It works, was just hoping there would've been some other way to set it up, thank you so much for your help, though.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Faust said: It works, was just hoping there would've been some other way to set it up, thank you so much for your help, though. I am curious, why were you hoping for another way? Is there an issue with the method above?
Nothing wrong with it, just me not liking my peas to touch my mashed potatoes. Since it isn't innately from the weapon itself, I was trying to get it to add up right just for ranged weapons elsewhere.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ahhh, unfortunately the 5e by Roll20 sheet is not set up that way.