Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can you include music in a marketplace adventure module yet?

Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I've seen other posts, but is this a feature yet? Adding music and ambience sorted for scenes and maps is essential to a good adventure. Is this possible yet? I know you can in Foundry, I'm really hoping this is a possibility here or I'll be very disappointed.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yes, you can include music in an adventure, and I am pretty sure that can be put into a marketplace adventure. I believe I have seen adventures with some music included (but it has been awhile). However, the publisher would need to own the rights to the music. 
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Thank goodness. Okay thanks, good to know. I haven't seen any in modules I've bought, and lots of posts implying otherwise but they're older.

Edited 1679715217
Gauss
Forum Champion
Daniel S. said: Thank goodness. Okay thanks, good to know. I haven't seen any in modules I've bought, and lots of posts implying otherwise but they're older. Note: I am not a Dev, if you are wanting to do this I suggest consulting with the Devs. edit: I found some examples of Marketplace adventures with music in them such as this one .  My search criteria was "music" (without quotes) in the marketplace search, then I clicked on "Adventures" and checkmarked "All adventures".
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Awesome, thanks for the link!
Gold
Forum Champion
There used to be a way, and now there is a different way to do it. Unfortunately some of the older Module products that had music, no longer has it working. (Due to the separation from SoundCloud and other past services). Fortunately there was a big Jukebox update a few years ago, in which Users can Upload sounds, and with that Roll20 update came the newer way to include Audio tracks with Modules that install.&nbsp; Here is another current example of working soundsets in a Roll20 Marketplace product: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/5557/high-seas" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/gameaddon/5557/high-seas</a> There are several soundscapes of ocean, sailing sounds. The sounds install into your Jukebox on the game where you install this Add-On Product. Works beautifully.&nbsp;
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Awesome. Thanks so much for the mention, and the link!