Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hero System 6e Sheet and token sync is one way only?

Edited 1679790250
I can't seem to get the token circles to interact with the sheet in that you can type a number in the token circle and have it update sheet data. It seems to be one way only?  You can update sheet with a number and it will update the token number, but as soon as you edit the token (i.e. type in -5 to take off 5, it will stick the base value of the stun in the circle.  Example: say I have both sheet and icon sitting at 50 STUN, I type in -5 in the circle and it drops it down to 20 (not even sure where it is getting that value) The character sheet doesn't change.  If I type in character sheet then it DOES update the circle, but that isn't great as I have to do math before hand (I can't just type in -8 or whatever in the character sheet) AND have the character sheet open to do it. I am just wondering if this is "as is" or if I'm doing something wrong (I'm setting things up just like I normally do for D&D 5e sheet / tokens) EDIT: Hmmm.. Oddly the "Recover" button on the sheet recovers to the token circle but NOT the character sheet.  This makes it a bit difficult to use. ;)  Maybe I'm missing something obvious like you have to use specific circles for specific stats. Thanks for any suggestions.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you followed the guide on this page: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Link_Token" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Link_Token</a> It should be two way, but it sounds like the token is linked to a character (represents tab set, and token set as default after you do this).
Gauss
Forum Champion
I would make sure your tokens are properly connected to the characters (represents character), and that the attribute is properly linked. Then make sure the tokens are updated on the character.&nbsp; If everything is set up correctly try copying the token or dragging another copy of the token from the Journal tab. It may be a glitch with the initial token.
Yeah, I have linked 100's of tokens.&nbsp; This is just being weird.&nbsp; I think something is goofy with the sheet.&nbsp; Another odd thing on the sheet. 1. Make a new character. 2. Click the "edit" button on sheet to edit it. 3. Change END, BODY and STUN on the Characteristics location (not the center) 4. As you change them they DO change in the middle area. 5. Click the "edit" button to stop editing and boom middle are STUN, BODY and END all revert to 20.&nbsp; (Even though the characteristics on the left side still reflect the values) It is just odd behaviour and I was hoping someone who runs Hero System games might chime in and say "Yep, doesn't work." or "Yeah, I had to do X,Y,Z"
Gauss
Forum Champion
It shouldn't be system specific, but...if you would like I can come take a look and see if I can spot what is going on. If so please send me an invite to your game.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, I tested it...and something definitely strange is going on.&nbsp; Tokens are properly connected but changes to the token are not being correctly represented on the Character Sheet or the Attributes tab.&nbsp; Changes to the Character Sheet or Attributes tab are being correctly represented on the token, so the connection is there.&nbsp; I am guessing something is wrong with the sheet's backend. Is this new behavior to you or are you new to the sheet?&nbsp;
Yeah, this is my first hero system game using that sheet, so I don't know if this is a new issue or old.

Edited 1679885550
Gauss
Forum Champion
I checked, by the looks of it this sheet hasn't been updated in a couple years. It may be abandoned.&nbsp; You might request someone fix it up to work with tokens correctly. Alas, I don't have that skillset.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Which sheet is this? I see two Hero 6th sheets.
It is the Hero System 6e (The sheet that looks like the Hero System character sheet)&nbsp; Not the "heroic" one
I found this regarding the issue 2 years ago: :)&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9137154/hero-system-6e-character-sheet-token-interaction" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9137154/hero-system-6e-character-sheet-token-interaction</a>
Update: I was checking out the Github of it and it turns out that you CAN just do -4 or whatever in the STUN, END and BODY fields on the character sheet and since the sync works that way it is at least more usable.&nbsp; It isn't ideal having to have the sheet open to do that kind of calculation, but it is better than doing the math all the time.&nbsp; &nbsp;So I am a bit better off than I thought.&nbsp; It still would be nice not to have the weirdness going on as people are used to interacting with the token, but I can work around it at least. Also I know the new Hero System sheet is actually newer and worked on, etc., but there is something quite nice about having the sheet match up to the actual standard published character sheet so I will probably stick with the older one.