Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Earthdawn (4e) Character Sheet API Latest Version (3.001) deals 100 Strain [Bug Report]

Edited 1680385229
Latest session (5:30 EST, 25 March 2023) was killed by 100 Strain being dealt to characters instead of 1 Strain or 200 Strain instead of 2 for talents using Strain. This affects all PCs and NPCs. Things I've tried: Double-checking that the value hadn't changed in the Talent Entry, verified it's value is still single-digit. Restarting API Reverting to an earlier version of the API (3.000, 2.040, 2.000, and 1.000 were tested) Built-in debugging buttons in Parameters as described in the Wiki. A little confusing as the instructions didn't seem to line up properly with the prompts currently implemented, for instance I was not able to generate a more detailed error report in the Output Console but that may be due to the fact that the API is not crashing, just dealing x100 Strain damage. The output I had after testing the issue: "2023-3-26 0:0:43 (UTC)  cleanup done" "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 0 translation strings to worker..." "2023-3-26 0:1:53 (UTC)  ---Earthdawn.js Version: 3.001 loaded.   Earthdawn.html Version: 3.02 loaded.   For ED Edition: 4 ---" "---  Roll Style: 0 - Full." "---  CursedLuckSilent is not Silent.   NoPileonDice is 1 not Silent.   NoPileonStep is undefined not Silent. ---" "function ()  {   'use strict';   try {     let today = new Date();     return today.getFullYear() + \"-\" + (today.getMonth() +1) + \"-\" + today.getDate() + \" \" + today.getHours() + \":\" + today.getMinutes() + \":\" + today.getSeconds() + \" (UTC)  \";   } catch(err) { log( \"Earthdawn:timeStamp() error caught: \" + err ); } }Earthdawn.errorLog invalid context." "2023-3-26 0:1:57 (UTC)  cleanup started" "function ()  {   'use strict';   try {     let today = new Date();     return today.getFullYear() + \"-\" + (today.getMonth() +1) + \"-\" + today.getDate() + \" \" + today.getHours() + \":\" + today.getMinutes() + \":\" + today.getSeconds() + \" (UTC)  \";   } catch(err) { log( \"Earthdawn:timeStamp() error caught: \" + err ); } }Earthdawn.errorLog invalid context." "2023-3-26 0:1:57 (UTC)  cleanup done" Thank you for all the work you do maintaining this, it really makes playing/learning Earthdawn accessible and fun. P.S. please bring back the chat log pinging the GM for Legend Point changes with "Record" prompt if possible. That made record keeping much easier and quicker for everybody (mainly because I could breeze through the prompts and verify everything was recorded properly myself).  EDIT TO ADD: Last week (18 March 2023) "Record" prompts in the Chat box for Legend Point changes were not occurring AT ALL for any players or myself (GM). After raising/adding Talents, Legend Point costs were calculated and recorded in the Legend record manually. UPDATE: Since I checked (30 March 2023) the x100 Strain issue has been resolved, thank you.
Jiboux
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Hello Joe W, sorry for the late answer as there is no good system of alert (to my knowledge) to detect forum posts, so I hadn’t seen the message. Chris D. And myself are the developers. Keep track of our roll20 ids as sending a direct message will surely bring an answer. Sorry about the bug above linked to updates we had made to make the sheet ready for the compendium. the 100 strains sure is solved the transactions I am unsure ( it is not in my part) but I know it has already been reported. sorry about the inconvenience and have fun with your airship game