Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Greyed Out Chat

Edited 1679805867
I'm having some issues with my chat being greyed out, making it quite difficult to read. I asked my players if this was occurring for them, all six of them had a similar problem. Any help in fixing this if it's on my end would be appreciated. I'm using Google Chrome browser on the latest version. I often use noscript and an adblock to keep me safe when browsing the internet, but I have disabled there usage for roll20 so it wouldn't interfere with it's function. Note: I have not made any changes to my browser, plugin or anything that would change the function of roll20. I simply just logged in and this started appearing. If you are confused on what I mean based on the description, here is a quick pic of what it looks like for us:

Edited 1679845645
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Robotic! A couple of avenues of investigation spring to mind: Are you entering the text directly into the chat input area? And not copied and pasted from anywhere? Try toggling dark mode off and on and reloading. What sheet are you using?

Edited 1679841949
I could go into my windows to change the accessibility contrast themes to fix this by setting it to a different theme, but. This has happened to my other players too at least to what they've told me. And no, there is no copy and pasted messages. As for the sheets it's selected as none but in my other game they're using d&d 5e by roll 20, but it's seems to be doing it on all the games I've ran. I told them to do the contrast theme as a temporary fix until I've figured out how to fix it I also tried turning dark mode on and off, however it didn't seem to do anything.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm, I can't speak to themes on Windows, being a Macintosh user since 1986, but this is not a commonly reported problem. What is strange is that it is affecting the other players in the game. That would indicate that some game setting is the source, but I know of no game setting that would do this. Have you asked any of your players for a screen shot to verify that you are both describing the same phenomenon? Are they all using dark mode? Also, does the problem exist when you log into your game in a private browsing window?

Edited 1679846574
Gauss
Forum Champion
I am guessing it might be an extension common to the group. I would disable your extensions or, like Keith said, try a private browsing window to see if the problem continues.