Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Man, I used to remember who to write basic macros.. T_T

Trying to consolidate some of my macro buttons. Instead of having 4 different buttons in my macro bar, I just wanted to consolidate them into a drop down menu that will trigger the macro. what was the format for making that. (consolidaitng Group Check, Group Init, !itp -start, !itp -pause, !itp -listfavs) etc.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Consolidating macros into a query (drop down) is going to be rather time consuming and painful. It will involve using many HTML substitutions .  Instead I recommend using Chat Menus . You can whisper them to yourself so that other people are not being spammed. 
So, doing chat menu, I am getting some error <a href="https://imgur.com/a/KQDU0Wb" rel="nofollow">https://imgur.com/a/KQDU0Wb</a>
If I do: /w gm &amp;{template:atk} {{desc=**DM Menu** [**Group Initative**](!#Group-Initiative) [**Group Check**](#Group-Check)}} I get it to work, but I no longer have a button box around Group-Check. If I do&nbsp; /w gm &amp;{template:atk} {{desc=**DM Menu** [**Group Initative**](!#Group-Initiative) [**Group Check**](!`#Group-Check)}} Then I get the box, but when I run it - I am able to submit all the data points but once I press enter, it doesnt process anything. Trying to keep the pink button too :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Novercallis! From your screenshot, it looks like all of the "macros" are actually "abilities" built on the same character sheet. Very, very similar, but there are a few differences. The syntax is much simpler for a chat menu in this case. Try: /w gm &amp;{template:atk} {{desc=**DM Menu** [**Group Initative**](~Group-Initiative) [**Group Check**](~Group-Check)}}
ohh, i'll keep that in mind Keith. But I did copy/paste my DM sheet into the collection tab. it's just my sheet I use to transmog over to each campaign to setup :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, then try this: /w gm &amp;{template:atk} {{desc=**DM Menu** [**Group Initative**](`#Group-Initiative) [**Group Check**](`#Group-Check)}} The backtick method changed a few years back; this is discussed in the wiki link that Gauss posted. Note that if you link to any macro that has a query in it, that can cause other issues.