Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

April Roll20 Reserve | Fantastic Lairs - Tier 1 (1st-4th Level)

Edited 1680625005
jayme@roll20.net
Roll20 Team
Roll20 Reserve is a monthly, curated reward for Pro Subscribers. This month’s reward is: Fantastic Lairs - Tier 1 by SlyFlourish.com Inspire your campaign with Fantastic Lairs! Scott Gray, James Introcaso, and Mike Shea have teamed up to lighten the load of shaping and developing your game’s climactic encounters. Fantastic Lairs is a collection of capstone lair encounters for your 5e fantasy RPG, designed to inspire and fit into your own campaign. About Fantastic Lairs - Tier 1 This collection of 5 standalone encounters (levels 1-4) can be added to any new or existing 5e campaign and features evocative artwork, tokens, full-color maps (ft. Dynamic Lighting), interactive doors, and playtested boss encounters. If you enjoy the Tier 1 VTT Package, you can find the full PDF version of Fantastic Lairs (23 lairs for levels 1-20) on DriveThruRPG. How to Claim Navigate to <a href="https://roll20.net/reserve" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/reserve</a> and click "Claim Now." After claiming, you will see a pop-up window verifying your claim.&nbsp; NOTE: The "Create Game" button is one way to begin playing, but since there are multiple Module/Addons in this Bundle that you may want to choose between, we encourage you to f ollow the "Accessing your Content" rules below to give you full control. Enjoy! Accessing your Content Module with Addons To create a new game based on the module, click on the Start New Game option from the site menu. The column on the right-hand side of the page is titled Optional: Choose a Module. Underneath this are thumbnail tiles for all the various Roll20 modules that are available. For the ones you have purchased, mousing over the thumbnail will make a checkmark icon appear over the thumbnail tile. Clicking on the tile will select this module to be used as the base for this new game. Each of the lairs in this module is formatted as an add-on so you can add them to your existing game. To add a lair to your campaign follow the instructions for adding an Addon : Expand the Game Addons section in the Game Details page. Select the desired Addon by scrolling through the list or searching by name. Click the Add to Game button. When you launch the game, your Addon will be available in-game. Which Character Sheet should I use? This product uses the Dungeons and Dragons by Roll20 sheet.
Great to see content from Sly here! I already own a lot from him at drivethrurpg. I just found a small omission: it is mentioned in the text that the monsters will have token actions configured but I could not find them on the monsters I checked. I cite from the Handout "Game Master Setup": " USING TOKEN ACTIONS All creature tokens have been configured with token actions. When you select a token, their list of actions will appear in the upper left corner of your screen next to the object selection menu. &nbsp; &nbsp; Use these for quick access without having to open a new window. " Also some might overlook that you have to add all modules manually except the zoo one. This makes sense if you add the encounters to your existing games... but would it be possible if you go the "create new game with module" route which you are offered after claiming that all modules of this bundle are added automatically?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I know it doesn't address the base problem, but as a Pro user, you can install the Token Action Maker mod script, select any token and type "!ta" in chat to generate a full range of token actions.
Wow, does the "Create Game" after claiming do nothing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Which button? I was able to create a game after claiming by pushing the Claimed button. It's how I tested the issue above.
Create Game does just that, and then you need to add the add-ons to the game. It has four different adventures, so you don't have to bog down the game with all of them at the same time if you don't want to. Dr DM said: Wow, does the "Create Game" after claiming do nothing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It has five adventures, and the Create Game button only adds one of them: Nature's Rage (plus the base module). I'm not sure why others are having different experiences. Here's what Create Game did for me: Here is the full list of addons:
So why have the link there in the first place? Kilter said: Create Game does just that, and then you need to add the add-ons to the game.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It adds the first game by default. You can add the others manually.
it did not add the first game for me , just the Module instructions. all 5 adventures are available in the add one section thought
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I notice from the screen shots that that game is using VTTES. That shouldn't make a difference, but possible? Did you create the game from this button, or go through the normal create a game interface?
Moin! I usually use the create game button presented after claiming something to test the new item. As I wrote I got the base + the first addon and later found the instructions that I need the other modules manually in the GM info handout. Meanwhile the first entry of this thread has been expanded to explain the claiming and using of this month's gift in more detail. Thanks! Also thanks for pointing out the " Token Action Maker " mod.&nbsp; Regards, Rune B.
keithcurtis said: I notice from the screen shots that that game is using VTTES. That shouldn't make a difference, but possible? Did you create the game from this button, or go through the normal create a game interface? I used the create a game interface. and I am using VTTES but haven't had any issues&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think the create a game interface is equipped to add an addon, only modules or blank games. Creating a game in this way requires you to add an addon manually. The button in the "Item Claimed" screen appears to have different functionality, including an addon in the process. That's my takeaway from this, anyway.