Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Assets Not Loading

Hi guys, so I tried to upload quite a large map (under the 20mb limit though!) into my game and everything froze up. I waited, and then checked these forums for help. I cleared my cache, disabled plugins etc but it looks to be permanently trying to 'connect' whenever i load my game. I can't see any maps/tokens/assets - and even on my own accxount screen all the assets seem to be stuck/not loading. One of my players logged in and could see everything - I am not sure how to do a bug report. Can anyone help?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
First, have you gone through the troubleshooting step of clearing cache?  Trying a different browser might not be a bad idea just to see if the issue is browser specific.  Chrome and Firefox are the officially supported ones, but some people have good experiences with others. As far as submitting a ticket, the Help Center is accessed by hovering your mouse over the Community label at the top of the page.  Help Center will be the second link from the top on the list of community related links in the banner.  Once on the Help Center, there will be a button labeled "Send a Request".  That will get you started, and should walk you through collecting browser console logs, etc.

Edited 1680635646
Gauss
Forum Champion
You could try to copy the game to see if you can get into the copy. But I would also try what Kraynic suggested and try a different browser. 
Bard College said: Hi guys, so I tried to upload quite a large map (under the 20mb limit though!) into my game and everything froze up. I waited, and then checked these forums for help. I cleared my cache, disabled plugins etc but it looks to be permanently trying to 'connect' whenever i load my game. I can't see any maps/tokens/assets - and even on my own accxount screen all the assets seem to be stuck/not loading. One of my players logged in and could see everything - I am not sure how to do a bug report. Can anyone help? Hey Bard College, Thanks for reporting this issue. It is something that we are currently looking into. Please submit a help ticket for up-to-date information and potential steps to resolve as we have them.  Thanks
Hey Bard College, I'm not certain if you were experiencing the same issue as others or not but I thought I'd let you know that we've released a possible short term fix that could help you. In your My Account page, you'll see a new checkbox that says, "Use Experimental Image Delivery Service." This will use a new way we plan to deliver image URLs in the future. In the long term, we plan to use it for ALL users but changes like this can be risky and cause other unforeseen problems. But we do know this does fix the problem where images will not load on the VTT because they are being blocked by an anti-virus app. Please let us know if this fixes your problem or if your problem was something else. Thanks again for reporting!
Hello, has there been any updates on this? I'm struggling with the same issue, big map and a lot of assets - some are not loading. Andrew Searles said: Hey Bard College, I'm not certain if you were experiencing the same issue as others or not but I thought I'd let you know that we've released a possible short term fix that could help you. In your My Account page, you'll see a new checkbox that says, "Use Experimental Image Delivery Service." This will use a new way we plan to deliver image URLs in the future. In the long term, we plan to use it for ALL users but changes like this can be risky and cause other unforeseen problems. But we do know this does fix the problem where images will not load on the VTT because they are being blocked by an anti-virus app. Please let us know if this fixes your problem or if your problem was something else. Thanks again for reporting!

Edited 1681335348
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bruno said: Hello, has there been any updates on this? I'm struggling with the same issue, big map and a lot of assets - some are not loading. Bruno, have you tried the experimental delivery service as described in Andrew's post above? 
thanks for all the responses, it seemed to sort itself out once i cleared my cache and restarted my computer.