Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Managing Market Place Content

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. Here goes. Over the last several years, I have acquired a lot  of marketplace content. I've got enough tokens, maps, and addons to sink a barge! The problem I'm having is when I want to find something specific, I'm scrolling through several dozen line items to find it. I'll scroll past it, backtrack, pass it again, rinse and repeat. It can be exhausting when you are trying to prep for a session or grab something on the fly during a game. Is there already a way to manage our content in the marketplace? If there is not, is there a place to request such a feature? It would be amazing if there was a way that you could turn off a tile set or a token set in the same way we manage our content sharing. Thank you in advance!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Roll20 has a Suggestion Forum for requesting features.  I agree that the marketplace content can get pretty overwhelming if you have a lot of it. How are you trying to search for specific content (in or out of game, search methods, etc.)? Perhaps I or someone can offer some suggestions to refine your process. 
That would be helpful, Gauss. I have noticed that the Search function for marketplace content within a game doesn't search the visible names displayed and that is somewhat frustrating. If there are search terms that would change this or other places to effectively search, that would be good to know. I'm pretty sure that this is something that Roll20 is already working on.
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Are you setting it to search 'all'? By default it only searches things categorized as 'tokens'. I don't know why this is the default search mode instead of "search all" but that may explain why it's failing to bring up results that are already visibly displayed on your screen... because they're catagorized as a map, not a token.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The search algorithm is a deep, dark mystery. Generally, using a set name will return all members of the set, but that's not as useful as a  reliable  keyword/name search would be.