Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way for MM tokens to “override” adventure ones?…

I bought an adventure (DMSGuild/Roll20 combo) and any non-SRD monsters are just the names on tokens. I own the MM so is there a setting or something that would automatically override the adventure ones with my owned ones? Even if I drag a token from my Compendium the name on token appears on the map instead. Or do I have to manually swap them all out?…
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hey Titus, I believe this is entirely possible. Create a temporary campaign. Drag in all of the creatures you are likely to want to use from the MM. Highlight each one in turn by selecting them and pressing "Z" to get the preview. Right-click the preview to download it to your hard drive Repeat for each one. Upload all of these into your personal art library (any game--doesn't matter.) Open your module game Open a character sheet you wish to update with new art. Click the edit button. Delete the old token, drag the new token from your art library onto the token art section. Press the "Apply Token Defaults" button. This will update the default token, and all tokens on every page in the campaign. It looks like a lot of steps, but depending on the size of the module, may not take too much time. Work carefully, this makes global changes in your game.
Depending on the number of monsters involved, it might be easier to simply delete the monsters and then drag in new ones from the MM. If you want to keep the originals, you can rename the existing characters (not within the sheet), and then you can drag in the new ones.
That’s what I’ve been doing. The other options somehow seemed more intensive…