Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

ChatSetAttr Commands not working, no feedback in chat

Hello all,  I just started using Mods this week and have been playing a lot with ChatSetAttr, how ever I have run into a problem that has me pulling my hair out.  It just stopped working. Nothing, I put in commands and nothing happens, no errors or feedback.  It doesn't matter if the command is in a macro or directly pasted into chat.  Here is the code I am pasting into chat:  !settattr --charid -NOea60SmH3cylqpcJK --mod --strength|-4 Also:  !settattr --sel --mod --strength|-4 I have restarted the sandbox, restarted the game, deleted the script and reloaded it.  Reloading the mod seems to get it halfway to work in that it will give me a single error saying it could not detect a token, then nothing.  Any ideas? Is there a Debug mode I can put it in to look at logs or something?  Thanks so much in advance. 
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, Alik Modi... What other scripts do you have installed? Are you sure that - NOea60SmH3cylqpcJK   represents a character? The second command you entered (!setattr --sel --mod --strength|-4) would look for a selected token; do you have one selected when you run that?

Edited 1683325277
Hi Timmaugh, The only other Script I have installed is SmartAOE.  I walked away from it for a few hours and now the basic commands seem to be working, like !setattr --sel --mod --strength|-4 But when I try an inline command I get the following error: Errors No target characters. You need to supply one of --all, --allgm, --sel, --allplayers, --charid, or --name. Here is the code I am using: &{template:default} {{name=Blight Touch}} !modattr --sel -mod --strength|-4!!! {{description=Text}} I double checked the character ID with this code:  /w gm &{template:default} {{name=**Character & Token ID**}} {{Name=@{selected|character_name} }}  {{**Character ID**= @{selected|character_id} }} {{**Token ID**= @{selected|token_id} }} and double checked that I was using the character ID and not the token ID.  Thanks again. Edit for spelling.